no icons on desctop/ vaio launcher

edited June 2006 in Hardware
I have a vaio T VGN-T2XP/L computer and yesterday I tried to get wireless internet connection and played around with the buttons on the low right hand side of the desctop. suddenly I could not see any of my icons on the desctop anymore and instead there is something that is called 'vaio launcher'. I switched off the computer and restarted today but it was still there. i played around with it for hours now, and I just cant get the thing back to normal. When I start the computer, I can see all the icons, but once it has probably switched on, none of them are there anymore. I cant right click, there is no start, nothing! Just my normal desctop bachground and a black stripe on the right with the vaio launcher icons, where I can ply in a dvd or cd or something. I cant get to any of my documents and urgently need to work!
I am sure the answer to my problem is realy easy, but I dont know much about computers and am desperate, because I need to finish an article I have on the computer and not saved anywhere!
Please help!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Click Start>>Run and type in msconfig, click "OK" and then go to the "Startup" tab.

Then look for the "vaio launcher" and disable it by unchecking the box next to it. Reboot and see if it goes away. :)
  • edited June 2006
    thanks a lot!! problem solved!! i cant beleive that was so quick!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    You're welcome. :cheers:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Prof is the man!