P5WD2-E Deluxe and a Zalman CNPS9500? 3 vs. 4-pin?

edited June 2006 in Hardware
I have a P5WD2-E Deluxe and a Zalman CNPS9500 LED. The cpu fan pins are 4-pin and the connector that came with the heatsink are 3-pin. When I boot, the heatsink fan does not spin. Suggestions on how to fix this?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Purchase a 3pin male to 4pin female molex adapter from a store or any computing website, and hook the Zalman's fan to the 4pin on your power supply.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    The new standard for motherboard CPU fan headers is four pins. The three pin connector from the fan should still mate with it and power the fan. It sounds to me like you've just got the fan connector oriented wrong on the CPU fan port.

The fan connector should be too the left with the flat side facing up, that is, if your Deluxe is oriented like my non-Deluxe P5WD2s.
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks for the help. I believe the issue was the fan controller that comes with it. I removed it from the equation and it works now. Now I need to get the mobo to recognize the ide drive. Every time I setup a new system I feel like a n00b all over again. I just don't do it with enough frequency.