Max Payne 2 Tomorrow Guys (well nearly!)

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited October 2003 in Gaming
Check it out.

Max payne 2 comes out tomorrow. :thumbup

This game is gonna rock. I bet I finish it by Wednesday night though.

//EDIT: Guess I jumped the gun a tad. Says October 15 which is a wednesday, but all the new stuff always comes out Tuesday so I assumed Tuesday was the 15th. And I know when I assume I make an a$$ out of U and me. Well we already knew about the U part :) . But now I made one out of myself too Doh!

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Pre-ordered :D

But not released until the 24th here :banghead: :bawling:

The gameplay demos looking goddamn stunning :eek:
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2003
    I know, the whole idea of better bullet time based on how many people you can kill in a bullet time session just makes me jones for thisun.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    DAMMIT I need a new video card
  • edited October 2003
    Already preordered.

/me types while wearing his offical Max Payne 2 t-shirt. :)
  • ThraxThrax
    places his "I don't like Max Payne" sign in the front lawn and walks away
    🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    places his "I don't like Max Payne" sign in the front lawn and walks away
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Shorty said
    Pre-ordered :D

But not released until the 24th here :banghead: :bawling:

The gameplay demos looking goddamn stunning :eek:

I'll be popping into the eMule store on the way home from Uni......

NS
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    funny, i was checking the BT store earlier, not on the shelves there yet....
  • edited October 2003

NS

:shakehead
    edited October 2003
    TheSmJ said

NS

:shakehead

I'll buy it when the price drops below £25, I just refuse to pay the premium price of £35.

Plus Its an "in your face" for companies releasing things in other parts of the world first.

NS
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited October 2003
    Thrax said
    /me places his "I don't like Max Payne" sign in the front lawn and walks away

I almost agree with Thrax. I played Max and by half way through I was wondering if it was ever going to start. Enter room, shoot two bad guys, enter next room, shoot three bad guys etc. Looked stunning but no game play, plot and very boring.
    Bring on Deus ex, now that's a game.

bothered
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    primesuspect said
    DAMMIT I need a new video card

No shat? I just sold the trusty 9700 Pro and i am 2 days off a brand spanking 9800 with sammy memorys. I had to stick in an original Geforce, modded to qudra blah-blah something. So bad framerates you cant believe it.
  • BriltBrilt brooklyn
    edited October 2003
    bothered said
    Thrax said
    /me places his "I don't like Max Payne" sign in the front lawn and walks away

I almost agree with Thrax. I played Max and by half way through I was wondering if it was ever going to start. Enter room, shoot two bad guys, enter next room, shoot three bad guys etc. Looked stunning but no game play, plot and very boring.
    Bring on Deus ex, now that's a game.

bothered

I third the motion. Max Payne was alright but repetative.

Deus ex on the other hand is the greatest game i have ever played. :D

Can't wait till deus ex 2 ahh december...already preordered :thumbsup: now i'm just going to need a new system to play it :doh: :banghead:
    edited October 2003
    Oh c'mon,

You guys who didnt like the first Max Payne... What is it about playing a guy who has nothing to lose, on a mission to avenge his familys murder by ridding the New York City junky underworld of the scum that plagues the city by using any violent tactics he sees fit that did not appeal to you guys?

I love that type of atmosphere, and I hope they have implimented the same atmosphere in Max Payne 2. I worry that the love story aspect of the game will dampen it but we'll just have to wait and see.

btw thanks for editing the title of the post :)
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited October 2003
    I liked the first Max Payne, but if there's one thing I didn't like, it's voice over narration. Just seems kinda lazy to me, the character was compelled to apply a metaphor to everything. I wasn't too fond of art either.
    edited October 2003
    Panzer, I take it you're done with your service. Congrats, buddy! You've changed your location and avatar!
    edited October 2003
    Yes, I'm taking a few days to get used to not being in BDU's all day, not having to head to the chow hall to get something to eat, and having to stand at the proper position for senior servicemembers. The Army presence here in Staten Island is pretty much nil.

I'm just spending my time relaxing and watching all my Love Hina DVD's and then I have to go see about that job I had arranged for just before I left.

I think I'll spend my money on more of these DVD's rather than Max Payne 2 :D
    edited October 2003
    So now that you're done, you can come to the LAN, right ? :D
    edited October 2003
    Well I had always planned on going, the rub being finding a way all the way to detroit. The farthest west I've ever been is Columbus, Georgia.
    edited October 2003
    Well you'd better find a ride fast, cause there's only 6 spots left :) Where are you coming from? There are people coming from your area. There is a good chance of you being able to find someone to carpool with.
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited October 2003
    Looks like this thread has official been HIJACKED by panzer and prime...
  • edited October 2003
    So, who's picking it up tommrow (or today..... it's 3AM)?

I will be!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Not me :banghead: Gotta wait a week :bawling:
    edited October 2003
    I would but where I live we usually dont get PC stuff till a week after its release. Unless it hits the "bt shelves". I live in a city of lamers.
  • edited October 2003
    Looks like I wont get it until Friday at the earliest.... just went to Best Buy today (where I ordered my t-shirt) and they dont have it. :rant:
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    cough..cough... bit torrent...cough..cough...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    NightShade737 had this to say

Plus Its an "in your face" for companies releasing things in other parts of the world first.

NS

I never liked it when companies did that. Then again, that's what Japanese companies have done from Day 1 and continue to do. Whether it's waiting for the next Final Fantasy or the next Soul Calibur, knowing that lots of Japanese people are playing it months before I do doesn't make me feel any better :(

And I didn't even know they were making a Max Payne 2 :). But you can bet I'm gonna pick it up! I loved the first one!
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I actually have the game at my work already for some odd reason.

Gonna install it tomorrow if my 9800 arrives. I might be one of the few that havent even played the first one so i am quite eager to play this.
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited October 2003
    kanezfan had this to say
    cough..cough... bit torrent...cough..cough...

//EDIT: No links to warez, please.
    Thanks, The Management
    edited October 2003
    Thats going to get editied out right now as it's a tad illegal.

NS
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    Wow, this game is beautiful :D

9800 Pro, 1600x1200 4x AntiAliasing