Damn it's cold in here

ReignReign New York
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I am proud to say that my CPU now runs under 40C. I use to run my AMD 1900+ with a Volcano9 and with folding, it was always at a nice and warm 55C, now i replaced it with an SLK-800 and a Palanflo H1A, and now it runs at a smooth 39C, and it's MUCH quieter. Also today with my AC on, the CPU was at a nice 35C. Tomorrow i'll hike up my AC full blast and see how cold it gets :)

Comments

• edited June 2003
    Yeah, the SLK800 is a really nice heatsink. I'm running 3 of them and they allow you to run a quieter fan and still keep your proc cool.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    I got my slk-800 in the mail about an hour ago, I still got to wait for the rest of my parts and money to order parts to come in, can't wait to see this baby in action....errr well just sit there and do its job, hehe
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I'm cool as 32°C, but that's with my swiftech watercooling kit.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    I can probably get that cool on a DUT3C 1700 and an SLK-800, but it has to be @ stock voltages and speeds, with a Tt Smartfan2 on max., and all 6 Smartfan2 case fans @ max, plus the 92mm... :D
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited June 2003
    92mm Tornado & SLK-900 keeps this baby @ room temp+5 at idle & room temp + 8 degrees C @ full load :)

That's @ the max O/C as well :)
  • astroworpastroworp Northridge, CA
    edited June 2003
    hey are those power connectors on the panaflos much of a bother when installing?
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    SimGuy said
    92mm Tornado & SLK-900 keeps this baby @ room temp+5 at idle & room temp + 8 degrees C @ full load :)

That's @ the max O/C as well :)

That's crazy! How many rpm's is that fan doing and how loud is it?
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    The SLK900U stock fan is rated at 55 dBA. That is pretty prominent for noise.

Product Linkage
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    the 92mm Tornado sounds a lot like a 60mm delta 7k- only louder...