I just bought a SCEPTRE X20G-Naga III!

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Turns out the "pinkish tint" on the lower light range of my Compaq (Trinitron P1100) is caused by the red gun in the CRT dieing, and a new tube would cost at least $500, well over the price I paid for this monitor 4 years ago, soo...

I bought this beast instead: :grr:

24-112-176-02.jpg

Here's its specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112176

I got it with free shipping as well, cause The Egg just happened to be running an 8 hour sale on it at the time I was looking for a replacment. All the reviews I've read praise this monitor for being fantastic in terms of both image quality and price/performance, so I took the dive into widescreen LCD!

I plan on writing a review once I get it (to help pay for it maybe? :buck:). Stay tuned.

Comments

• NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited July 2006
    I'm interested to read your review on it. I was actually looking at it today for someone who will also be upgrading from CRT to LCD very soon. He's concerned because he's never heard of the brand before but I told him the NewEgg reviews for it are great.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Isn't that the brand, Sceptre, the Costco carries?
  • edited July 2006
    Yes. I've heard Costco carries it.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Yes, they do carry Sceptre products. They're charging ten bucks more than Newegg right now on that same monitor, though.

Keep us informed how you like it, SmJ. It just might be my next monitor as well.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I was looking at it the other day, but questioned its quality as I have never heard of them before.