Problem with MBM 5

AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
edited July 2006 in Hardware
Long Version

Short version:
I just installed a new processor (socket 939 athlon 64 3000+ venice), and I'm in the process of burning it in and also preparing it for overclocking (in a few weeks).
I've been reading the great overclocking guide, and I downloaded MBM 5 to monitor my cpu and case temps.
I tried it out today, and (long story short) I found out that MBM 5 might not be entirely reliable. I knew the people at short media would be glad to help, so that's why I'm posting here :clap:
I really need a reliable motherboard monitor if I ever hope to overclock my cpu in the future, so I was hoping that somebody could point out a more reliable monitor for me to use.
Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    What brand and model # is the new MB?

They quit supporting MBM5 a while back. Although it still works fine for some boards, that is not always the case. Are you sure that the sensors built into the board have been identified correctly?

A similar program you may wish to try is SpeedFan. Like MBM5, it is free. :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Prof beat me to it. SpeedFan is good. Use it, you'll like it.

I recently had to migrate away from MBM, which I had used for years.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited July 2006
    I got the sensor program that came with my mobo to work, so I'll just stick to that (unless I like SpeedFan better)
    Thanks for the help

(PS: Under 100% cpu use, my cpu peaks at 34 degrees Celsius :thumbsup: )
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    ...(PS: Under 100% cpu use, my cpu peaks at 34 degrees Celsius :thumbsup: )
    You must have one heckuva heat sink. :eek:

Glad you got it going. :cheers:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    There's a nice program called Core Temp that I've been using for burn-in monitoring ...it monitors your core supposedly. You can never tell how accurate any of this stuff is really but I trust it is the most reliable I've come across so far.

linky http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137 :honoes: