Dual core, running 2 instances

SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Folding@Home
Hey, everybody,

Haven't been here in a while, but I had a question for you fellas on my Folding setup. I'm running an X2 4800+, so I've got two FAHCores running in order to fully use my resources. It's odd, though, because one thread is running using 6,848K of memory, and the other's running 109,824K (right now). Any ideas what the disparity's about, and how I might be able to lower the usage on that second core?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Different WU's require different memory requirements. If you edit the configuration of each instance of FAH and say "No" to the question "Allow receipt of WU's greater than 5MB in size" you won't get the jumbo WU's any more.

Reconfiguring The FAH Console made easy. :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Haven't been here in a while
    But it's good to see you here today. Dual core Folding = fun. Thanks for being loyal to the team.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Prof, thanks for the info. I don't have any problem with getting the larger units (I figure my comp, if any, can handle them, so why not), I was just concerned it was something set up incorrectly or malfunctioning.

If it's just big WUs, I've got no problems. Thanks!

(Wow late response. Apparently S-M still has my old email - I'm lucky I caught it at all!)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    And the big ones are back.
    I have seen a real jump in WU size in the last week.

It is funny. If you run an X2 with one instance, you get one core running 100%. If you run a CoreDuo with one instance you get both cores running 50%.