BSODs

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited July 2006 in Hardware
For the past few weeks my laptop has been getting bsods occasionally(once or twice a week). It just says call your hardware manufacturer or whatever, but I figure talking to some guy in india that I cant understand wont help much. I have a dell inspiron E1705 with a t2500 core duo, 1.25 gigs of mem, 100gig hd, and a 7900GS. I ordered it with 512mb's of ram(2x256), and then I added a gig of OCZ right away. I ran memtest for a few hours and it didnt find any errors. Any other suggestions before I call dell.

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Clean it out well. That 79 will run hot. You may just have the 'summer sickness' and be over heating.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2006
    I have the AC on in my house. My room is 67*F right now.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Try elevating the laptop a half inch above its resting surface. Sometimes the ventilation for the CPU can really be bad if not enough airspace surrounds the vent(s).

Or, you could try this! :eek2:;D
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2006
    forgot to mention that I've never had it happen while playing games, so i dont think that its an overheating issues. could be, but strange if it is.