New Computer(s), what do you think?

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited July 2006 in Hardware
I uploaded a pdf made from excel, let me know what you think about the parts, I am finishing up the parts list so I can start crunching the numbers to see how I can get this to work.:werr:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    let me know what you think
    I think you are $523 over budget.:sad2:

Looks like it will be a very nice performer. If you need to cut corners in order to be within your budget, I'm sure you could find a motherboard with similar performance for much less money. Also, consider DDR500 value RAM. Your benchmarks will dip, but just a little, not a great deal. If you wish to overclock, you can always lock the DRAM-CPU ratio.

Don't be afraid to shop private trading forums and eBay. Also, check out Newegg's refurbished section and the eBay store Mobo Outlet. The latter I've purchased from I think three times. Service was good, shipping prompt, and prices very good.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Id like to come in at budget, but the dualie is gonna be mine, I may check out some cheaper ram, but yeah, it kinda went a little higher than I expected, mainly because of the ram, and then I wasn't planning on buying the 4400 at first:vimp:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Well, if you order today there is a $40 rebate on the ram.
    There are a lot of good choices out there, even sticking with OCZ that could save you a bunch.
    I like the 76GT. Hunt around, there are some real deals on these.
    You don't really need the huge PSU, but it is one luxury that I agree with. You will use it for years.
  • edited July 2006
    Just two suggestions that can save you $150.

The motherboard you have chosen is a very nice Crossfire board, but the graphics card is Nvidia. If you are not interested in either Crossfire or SLI, you can choose the following motherboard.

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491 $66.99

The power supply is very expensive, maybe you can be as happy with the following power supply which is one of the most popular PSUs in the market and has proven its quality.

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931 $79.99

You guys are very bad, I already started to itch for a new build. I shoudn't do that, I should not do that, I can not do that, I must not do that, but maybe .... :smiles:
  • edited July 2006
    Why not go with an AM2 board? Might give you a little bit better upgrade path in the future.

MSI K9N Neo-F Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard $76.99
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    mirage wrote:
    Just two suggestions that can save you $150.

The motherboard you have chosen is a very nice Crossfire board, but the graphics card is Nvidia. If you are not interested in either Crossfire or SLI, you can choose the following motherboard.

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491 $66.99

The power supply is very expensive, maybe you can be as happy with the following power supply which is one of the most popular PSUs in the market and has proven its quality.

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931 $79.99

You guys are very bad, I already started to itch for a new build. I shoudn't do that, I should not do that, I can not do that, I must not do that, but maybe .... :smiles:

I dont think you could pay me to take an antec powersupply now days, they used to be good, but they arent what they used to be. and no, I dont plan on sticking two video cards of any kind on my motherboard.