choking on small WUs

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited July 2006 in Folding@Home
These small WUs the last couple of weeks are killing my production. A few weeks back the average WU was about 200 points. The ones that I am getting now are more like 40.
I am doing a lot of WU, but not many points.
I know that I am not alone because I am not dropping in the overall stats.
I just like to whine.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Let me join you - a good whine is always more enjoyable when shared with a friend. :-/
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Me too... I feel your pain!!! :(
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I hate small WU's They make Gigantor Grumpy!
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2006
    I noticed the same thing. I'm down on average about 1500 points per day, when in reality I have added about 8Ghz in the last 2 weeks. :(

~FA
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2006
    Same here. Especially since most of our comps are intel based. Miss those 450 pointers. I'm sure we're down around 3-4000 points a day.:(

As stated though, we are all in the same boat with this one.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    :bawling:
    I had to get that out of my system.:vimp:
    :fold:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2006
    I think we need one of these.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I'm down a 1000 points/day as compared to three weeks ago. Good science always, but crap points lately.

Don't sweat it guys, the dearth of points production is hitting all teams equally.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I agree with Leo - it seems to be a universal thing (possibly related to running out of timeless Tinkers?) and since the work we're doing now is better for the science of the program overall, the point drop is nothing to lose any sleep over.
    edited July 2006
    It's not just a lack of Tinkers. GBGromacs are now uncommon, Double Gromacs aren't seen, and Ambers are rare. Seems to just be regular, low point Gromacs. Just waiting for QMDs to come back some time in the future!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I'm getting a lot of the 120 pointers that fold nicely compared to the odd ball 192 and 392 pointers ...they take forever. Far more value in the 120's as far as points go.
    What are servers sending out with no flags installed? Any good tinkers or anything? Just curious.
    edited July 2006
    What are servers sending out with no flags installed?
    Wanna bet it's just these garden variety Gromacs?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Wanna bet it's just these garden variety Gromacs?

Nope, it is the garden variety Gromac. I've tried.:zombie: