healthmonitoring using W83792D chip

edited August 2006 in Hardware
hi,
I'm trying to get health monitoring (voltage,temperature,fan speed) information of ASUS NCL-DE motherboard. The monitoring chip used in this board is W83792D. SmBus base address of the chip is 0x400 and slave address is 5E as per the datasheet of this particular chip.
Bt i'm unable to retrieve the informations .I tried with drivers IOACCESS,DLPORTIO etc.
please help me to solve this issue.

regards,
Hridya

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    Are you trying to use 3rd party software for monitoring?
    If so you could try Motherboard Monitor, (I'm using on my Asus PC-DL) or
    Everest Home Ed. (using on my Asus K8N-DL)

Both have been disc. But they're still out there.
  • edited July 2006
    Donut wrote:
    Are you trying to use 3rd party software for monitoring?
    If so you could try Motherboard Monitor, (I'm using on my Asus PC-DL) or
    Everest Home Ed. (using on my Asus K8N-DL)

Both have been disc. But they're still out there.
    hi,
    I'm not trying 4 third party software..i need get those values uing any drivers available.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    You can also try SpeedFan (freeware).
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    hridya wrote:
    hi,
    I'm not trying 4 third party software..i need get those values uing any drivers available.

Now I'm confused, What is going to read the chip and tell you what the temps are? Unless your doing software development to build something to work.

AFAIK, drivers=gasoline, your car needs gas to run, but gas won't get behind the wheel and go get a loaf of bread.
  • edited August 2006
    Donut wrote:
    Now I'm confused, What is going to read the chip and tell you what the temps are? Unless your doing software development to build something to work.

AFAIK, drivers=gasoline, your car needs gas to run, but gas won't get behind the wheel and go get a loaf of bread.

I'm trying to write a software which will retrieve the health monitoring informations.but to read the ports in windows 2k,W-2k3 i need some drivers like Dlportio,ioaccess etc.
    The issue now i'm facing is with the Base adress(0x400) and slave address(0x5E) they provided in the datasheet of W83792D, i 'm not getting the values.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited August 2006
    hridya,

Sorry I can't help you any further, what your working on is far beyond my knowledge. I would appreciate it though if you could keep us posted when you get something to work.
  • edited August 2006
    Donut wrote:
    hridya,

Sorry I can't help you any further, what your working on is far beyond my knowledge. I would appreciate it though if you could keep us posted when you get something to work.

hi ,
    i got it working .:Rocker: was some problem with bios.it was some older version.Now I updated n getting the values