UK vs US Unreal Tournament

Comments

• T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    CyrixInstead said
    CyrixInstead has a brain wave
    Guys!! I just realised that if we play CTF on UT the Yanks don't stand a chance .

If it's CTF, *DEFINATELY* count me in! :)
  • RavenRaven Cheshire, UK
    edited June 2003
    CyrixInstead said
    CyrixInstead has a brain wave
    Guys!! I just realised that if we play CTF on UT the Yanks don't stand a chance .

Necro and his mate are from Liverpool, therefore we have the perfect offensive members for the team. Ergo the Brits win!! ;D

Wash your mouth out Cyrix, Dont group me with the robbin scousers, ;)
    I just buy their goods:D

Necro's "mate" has finally posted:wave:

I'm always there when there's some Yankie butt to kick :mullet:
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Hey Raven, glad you could join us!!

I hear you're quite the UT King :respect: . Just make sure we win eh? Give the Yanks a bit of this: :aol::D
  • RavenRaven Cheshire, UK
    edited June 2003
    :wow: I dont know about UT king, I used to play alot of CTF, been a while tho so I hope I havent lost it :wow:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Well.. I must say...

If that is the best you got primesuspect.. tut tut..

Totally pwned beyond all resonable doubt. Dear oh dear.

Although I will admit.. my missus beat the livin hell out of us as well.. winning liandri by a clear 10 frags :wow: pwned

.. but not as much as you were :p
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    I'd play if I didn't lag so much
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    Well.. I must say...

If that is the best you got primesuspect.. tut tut..

Totally pwned beyond all resonable doubt. Dear oh dear.

Although I will admit.. my missus beat the livin hell out of us as well.. winning liandri by a clear 10 frags :wow: pwned

.. but not as much as you were :p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Hey america: I did you all a great service today. I "pool-sharked" the pansy brits into thinking that I am a mediocre player. Now we will really have the advantage because they somehow think that I suck! hahahah! hahahhahaha! Hahhahahaaahahaaaooooohooohoho ohobooohoo booo hoooooo

(it's really hard to go from maniacal laughter to great wracking sobs in plaintext.)
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, well I let on I was just a fantastic player, when in reality I'm a god! ;D
    edited June 2003
    So, wait, is spinner==gandalf? Cause if he is, then I totally kicked his behind today.. woohoO!
    edited June 2003
    primesuspect said
    So, wait, is spinner==gandalf? Cause if he is, then I totally kicked his behind today.. woohoO!

No you didn't.

:p
    edited June 2003
    So before all this Lord of The Rings trash talk gets any worse, when are we going to play? I thirst...:ninja:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition :ninja:

Lets play :nudge::aol:

I'm going to be on addaboy about 7/7:30pm (bst) tonight if anyone fancies a game.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    Well, I will be at work then, hehe. That's 1300 or 1400 for me (forgot if it's -5 or -6 =/
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    here's an update of sorts. prime and I talked about this a couple days ago, I'm now uploading the maps and textures in one large 80MB file up to addaboy.com, prime will then grab that zip file and stick it on the short-media server, it's got a fatter pipe, what can I say, blame genetics. I'm sure you all know this, but unzip and put the maps files in your maps folder and the .utx files in your textures folder.

Now, the last time we tried this it never happened because no one said, "this is the time and place" so I'm going to do just that right now.

Drumroll please: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first Brits vs. Yanks UT Grudgematch will be held on Sunday June 29, 2003 at Noon EST, meaning 1600 UTC (or GMT) and for the brits that translates to 1700 hours. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the time, the place will be addaboy.jetstreamhosting.com which you can visit and play on any time. If you have any problems with maps not downloading properly, I will put a link to that zip file on addaboy.com shortly, and like I said, Prime will also have them available for download here soon.

Please no grousing about "I can't make it at that time, change it" etc.... If we don't set a time, it will never happen. It's on Sunday, make the time to be there. If you have a wedding to go to, tell em you can't make it!
    edited June 2003
    Il be there :cool:

Ur a dead man Kanez.
    edited June 2003
    kanezfan said
    If you have a wedding to go to, tell em you can't make it!

Never mind a wedding, it’s my first wedding anniversary this weekend. And I am having a game of UT :wow:
    edited June 2003
    I'm supposed to be the lead speaker at the "I'm gonna kick some U.S ass" conference in Warwickshire, but I'm gonna miss it so I can play.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    12pm?! ack!!! I'm usually sleeping at the time. Maybe I'll have to adjust my sleeping habits just to pwn the brits for a day yelow3.gif
    edited June 2003
    Blackhawk said
    12pm?! ack!!! I'm usually sleeping at the time. Maybe I'll have to adjust my sleeping habits just to pwn the brits for a day yelow3.gif

Sleep, SLEEP. If you think your going to pwn us, your still dreaming mate :D
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    if this still hasn't gone down, someone e-mail me at thebaron@austin.rr.com

i have to wait til my new comp is up and running... say the 27th at the latest (i have to do student orientation so i can buy xp pro for $5... HAHAHA)
    edited June 2003
    Okay, we've got the time and place, now for the rundown:

So far I have:

Team UK: Shorty, Spinner, Trinity, Necropolis_UK, bothered, -animal-, Souriat, CyrixInstead, Red Dawn, Jimborae, Coaster, and Raven.

Team USA: primesuspect, kanezfan, leish85, thrax, T-BirD, Blackhawk, shwaip, aZnWanksta, Khaos, TheSmJ, diabx0r, MikeP928, and CaffeineMe.

So, I guess I'll organize the damned thing.

PM me a confirmation and I'll adjust this list depending on a Yay or Nay for that time and place.
    edited June 2003
    FYI, I've also posted this on addaboy's front page to see who else is interested.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited June 2003
    Prime,

Sorry, you're gonna have to count me out for the 29/06/03 U.S. Ass Kicking Fest. I'm at Glastonbury Music Festival on that weekend & its also my birthday so I'll be getting w@nkered.

Have fun guys & "Spank the Yanks" for me. :)

Cheers

Jim
    edited June 2003
    Jimborae said
    Have fun guys & "Spank the Yanks" for me. :)

LMAO;D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Awight,

I can´t pass on an oppurtunity like this. Count me in if you have a seat open.

Mac
    edited June 2003
    Mackanz takes Jimbo's place :D

He was in teh UK until VERY recently. He counts as UK. Plus.. he rules :cool:
    edited June 2003
    cheating!!! he's a swede!!! lol, aren't swede's pacifists?
    edited June 2003
    kanezfan said
    cheating!!! he's a swede!!! lol, aren't swede's pacifists?

He lived in teh UK for over two years. That makes him a native.

Back off ya Floridian donut. Mack is on the side that will win.

The UK.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    I gotta get some serious practice in else i'll be connon fodder:rolleyes:

Macks been in the Uk too long to remeber what being a pacifist is all about :p