Slight hangups while playing games on my laptop

2»

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    OK, this is a stab in the dark, as I don't pay much attention to sound with computers. Some sound chips/cards can be switched between "HD" and analog. Have you experimented with sound settings?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    If this was already suggested and I didn't see, please excuse me: consider uninstalling all sound drivers and then reinstalling. Check task manager to see if you have duplicate sound applications running simultaneously.
  • edited September 2006
    I will try that...if the CPU is being throttled when it's hot, is there anyway to stop this?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    There should be something aptly named in the BIOS to control it or just turn it on/off.
  • edited September 2006
    I'm guessing HP hid that ability from users...becuase I don't see it.

Actually, how do I even access the bios properly? I've been pressing like F11 or something during startup. Is this the correct manner?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    It will tell you when you turn it on, it will say something like "Press F2 to enter the BIOS" or "Press Del to enter SETUP" etc etc, something along those lines.
  • edited September 2006
    It definitely seems to be sound related. I noticed when playing regular Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne single player that it did it when a new sound was being played...example...

I clicked a specific building that has a sound that is played on click, and that sound had not been played yet that gaming session. Then the next time that sound was played, no hangup occured.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix the problem though.

I tried reinstalling the drivers.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I have a windowsXP SP2 hd hotfix I'd be willing to share. No guaranteed results. All you have to do is be sure that you have WinXP SP2 and not have the SP1 hotfix installed ...if so remove it. PM me your email and I'll send it to you. It worked for me and it may work for you.

It is High Definition Audio Driver Update KB888111.exe ...was very hard to get and may still be.
  • edited September 2006
    There is no option in the BIOS related to temperature and CPU throttling.
  • edited September 2006
    Still needing help with this issue. Have had no luck fixing it.
  • edited October 2006
    up up, months later