I / O shields?

rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Stupid stupid stupid question, (please don't laugh too hard). But I was building a computer for a friend and I accidently popped the I / O shield in too hard that there is a major hole where the USB slots are supposed to be :honoes: . Is there a place where I can buy another I/O shield, preferably in a retail store like frys, or can I order one online from an e-vendor?

I need an I/O shield to fit the Asus A8N5X mobo which will be placed inside a CM centurion.

Quite embarassing really.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Here's where you need to go: Asus Parts Store by Comptech51. I've purchased from him before. It was good service and quick shipping. It's an eBay store.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited August 2006
    Ahh thank you Leonardo! This totally saves my build.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    wow $10 for a thin piece of aluminum.. I hate how the io shields are so flimsy now days, I liked it better when they were thicker and you screwed them on.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    They're also totally pointless. Aesthetic entirely.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I found out just how purely aesthetic they were the time I tried to plug in a USB device, without looking, into the back of my PC when there was no I/O shield. I missed the USB plug, and the PC shorted out and shut down instantly. Good times!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    That's not possible without other grounding issues going on inside the case.
    edited August 2006
    Give it a try for yourself. ;)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    You should triple-dog dare him, GHoosdum. Then he HAS to do it.
    edited August 2006
    Thrax is so used to defying convention that I have no doubt a triple-dog dare would leave him completely unfazed. :ninja:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    One advantage of an IO shield comes into play if you have a case with negative air pressure, in that the IO shield stops the inflow of air at the back of the computer. But then, you could always use aluminum or duct tape to seal the back of the case.
  • Speedy2k7Speedy2k7 Some where in the 201 area
    edited August 2006
    hi there all..
    i got a quick question where can i post a new Posting..?

thanks...

Happy Modding!

:D
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Speedy2k7 wrote:
    hi there all..
    i got a quick question where can i post a new Posting..?

thanks...

Happy Modding!

:D

you can post a thread almost anywhere, just find the right forum to post in, and then click the new thread button.
  • Speedy2k7Speedy2k7 Some where in the 201 area
    edited August 2006
    Thank You So Much!!

Have A Greeaat Week-nd