Ram accelerator??

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Science & Tech
does anyone know any ram accelerator progams or anything...............

because my lap top has 512 mb of ram but it has good graphics (ati radeon express 200m) and i ran a could games and the graphics were great but it wouldnt run good because the lack of ram?:shakehead :banghead:

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Could you please rephrase your question... it doesn't make any damned sense lol ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    There's nothing you can do to "Accelerate" your RAM on your laptop.

The express 200m chipset is very weak. There's not a whole lot you can do with it.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2006
    The ati radeon express 200m is a value card. Its designed for users that want something slightly more powerfull then intel graphics but still want good battery life. (Basicly every setting on low or lowest in newer games since its about as powerfull as a radeon 9550)

Your ram can't be "Accelerated", However if you switch to the omega drivers you might get a few more fps out of that card. (Also it will allow you to overclock/underclock *I recomend underclocking when running on battery as it will give you much longer battery life*)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    You may be referring to some programs floating around out there which purport to optimize your memory. In theory, they reclaim memory which wasn't properly freed up and returned to "available" status after you close a program. In practice, they are just one more piece of crap hovering in the background using system resources.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    programs floating around out there which purport to optimize your memory
    Prof said it first - crap software.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    ok, thanks guys, i guess that means i really just need a new desktop computer :banghead: