Unknown WU Points?

edited August 2006 in Folding@Home
I have a WU that is being reported by EM III as UKN for points. It's big one that takes 4 days to complete. What's up with that??? I also have a completed WU waiting in queue, but I have checked the server status and it is showing Full/Accept, so it should be getting the WU back, but it just sits there in queue.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    By "unknown", do you mean that that's what EMIII is telling you? I believe that Stanford has some new WU's out which aren't in EMIII's database yet.
  • edited August 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    By "unknown", do you mean that that's what EMIII is telling you?
    Yes.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    The researchers at Stanford frequently release new protein models. It takes a while before EMIII's writer can add the definitions. Ensure that you check the EMIII definitions updates periodically. You just download the newest definitions file and drop it into your EMIII folder.

Just look for Latest EM Protein Data File.
  • edited August 2006
    From what I've been reading, the WU in queue will not be sent until the currently running WU is completed. Is that correct? I think I may have had this issue before and actually discussed it here?? Not sure, my mind is full of bananas and raisins.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I don't know if it's always that way, but sometimes finished work units will not make it to the receiving server when completed. I've had finished units sit in the queue for several days, but they always eventually get sent.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Sometimes servers will drop out over the weekends and you won't be able to upload or perhaps download or both until the server gets fixed the following work week (usually). There is also the current issue of the heat waves of california causing stanford to shut down some servers and things like that.

I usually just let it sit in que and go on to the next wu. It gets sent eventually.