Input on a checkpoint backup program for F@H

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Internet & Media
I have an idea for a little program and was wondering it was feasible and also if anyone here could possibly program it.

What it would have to do is backup the contents of a single directory to another specified directory on a set interval.

In particular, I want an app that will backup the Folding@Home directory on a regular basis. The idea is born from losing the odd WU here and there after a sudden crash or freezeup, 75% of the time the unit will revert back to 0% and it would be nice to restore to the last saved checkpoint.

I don't program but it seems this could be a very light app to code but of course I could be wrong on this?

Also, if there is an app that already does this, please let me know. :)

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Use Windows Task Scheduler and have it run a batch file every 12 or 24 hours.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    I dont know why some people have problems with WUs starting over after an "improper shutdown". I have not had this problem since I started folding back in 2001 when I tried the console the very first time. Control+C wouldnt work but the X has ALWAYS worked. I rarely ever lose one.

Today the power went out cause all the computers were off when we got back from work. All 3 clients resumed. 1 console, 1 serviced, (both on XP) and the third on another 2k machine.