help with audio dowloads

edited August 2006 in Hardware
I am trying to download and burn some audio files and need some help. There are fourteen files I want to fit onto one disc -- a total of 23.8 MB -- my disc is an 700MB. When I go into my Windows Media Player is shows that the last 6 files "will not fit". I've tried to lower the burning speed but I still can't get it to work. It seems to me that it should fit, what can I do?? TIA!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Val, I highly recommend that you contact Primesuspect to change your nickname. Using your email as your nickname you have just become a HUGE spam magnet for automated tools that search the Internet for email addresses. Right now your Yahoo account is very vulnerable.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2006
    You are trying to burn an audio disc right, if so, the compression is much less (meaning that the files are of larger size) and would likely not fit. If you want to burn an mp3 disc, go to www.nero.com and download their deom and use it, much better than WMP, IMO.
  • edited August 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Val, I highly recommend that you contact Primesuspect to change your nickname. Using your email as your nickname you have just become a HUGE spam magnet for automated tools that search the Internet for email addresses. Right now your Yahoo account is very vulnerable.

Thanks! I know better than that but must have got in too big a hurry and screwed up. I know nothing about primesuspect. What do I do?? TIA
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Click this link here. Introduce yourself as a new member, and just tell him you'd like a name change so website spiderers don't collect your email from your username and SPAM you. Be sure to include what you want your new username to be! "Valwhite4" sounds like a good start. :)

Welcome to Short-Media!
  • sforzasforza SPAIN
    edited August 2006
    When you are creating an audioCD from mp3 files, the limiting factor, which can cause it to "not fit", is the duration in minutes. With a typical CDR you get 80minutes. That's 700Mb, but this number is not comparable with your 23Mb, because audio is compressed. But the seconds are seconds, compressed or not. Keep an eye on duration.

If you switch to nero, there is a green bar at the bottom of the screen that will turn red if you go over 80minutes.

BTW don't forget to normalize your songs before burning them. That would make the volume of all of them to be similar.