DV8000t Battlefield 2 Crashes to Desktop

2»

Comments

• edited September 2006
    alright i run mine at the 800 600 but i have the option of 1280 1024 at 60ghz....idk or i could run 800 by 600 at 72ghz...would that give me better performance form th 60?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    This is exactly what reforce does: Adds custom refresh rates, thereby forcing a display to the desired refresh. You just did what I told you to do, except in a different way.
  • edited September 2006
    reforce.exe didnt work for me for some reason
  • edited September 2006
    breda9 wrote:
    alright i run mine at the 800 600 but i have the option of 1280 1024 at 60ghz....idk or i could run 800 by 600 at 72ghz...would that give me better performance form th 60?

Just stick with the 60hz - I don't really think most people would notice the difference in the refresh rates.. I don't think it'd give you better performance. Definetly go for the higher resolution if it runs good... mine can run 1400*1050 juts fine ( i thinks that the one)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Simply wow!

You know I actually tried to do the same thing using the 1680x1040 only with no success, but once I set the 800 x 600 and than updated all the standard resolution under 60Htz it worked like a champ... thanks for pointing out the lower resolution fix... and so I must say I stand corrected and this issue is fixable.
  • edited September 2006
    i run itat 1280 x 1024 and it works perfectly so thast what i recommend and its okay sledge hammer sometimes we cant always be right hahah
    edited September 2006
    breda9 wrote:
    i run itat 1280 x 1024 and it works perfectly so thast what i recommend and its okay sledge hammer sometimes we cant always be right hahah

I got my buddies at 1280 x 900 which I guess is their highest widescreen format.... :)
  • edited September 2006
    Simply wow!
    thanks for pointing out the lower resolution fix... and so I must say I stand corrected and this issue is fixable.

No problem. I hope that alot of people with this problem can find this thread through google.
  • edited September 2006
    thast how i found it
    edited September 2006
    :) yeah SM is good at getting threads to pop as #1
  • edited September 2006
    hahah you have a code or something like that....or do you just sleep with the right people??? hahaah
    edited September 2006
    We just have enough great New & Used users at SM to make all threads popular :)
  • edited September 2006
    Yeah so last week I got an HP DV9000z, they still haven't fixed that problem yet...
  • edited September 2006
    elizle wrote:
    Yeah so last week I got an HP DV9000z, they still haven't fixed that problem yet...

Read through the thread. There is a fix.
  • edited September 2006
    yeah i read the thread, the fix worked for 800x600 and 1280x1024 and nothing else, i would like it to run at 1680x1050 and all the 'fixes' haven't worked for that but it does run.
    edited September 2006
    lol.. BF2 does not support 1680x1050 the best your going to get is 1280 x 900
  • edited September 2006
    Haha didnt you hear? EA has the LAZIEST programmers in existence! That's why there's no widescreen support...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    The annoying thing is that with the engine and graphics the game had so much potential... *sigh* imagine Operation Flashpoint with graphics like that... (the sequal doesn't look much better than the original to be honest).
    edited September 2006
    ZBF2142 looks and feel much better than I thought, I was in San Fran a few weeks ago getting a sneak peak :)
  • edited November 2007
    I sent the following support request to EA
    I cannot play Battlefield 2142 nor Northern Strike.

After I install the game and start to run the game it crashes and asks me to insert the disk.

I have reformatted numerous times using both XP and Vista, and using various NVidia drivers nothing fixes the problem.

I did some research and it appears that there are many people with the same problem.

My monitor only runs at 59hz refresh rate, but when I plug in an auxilliary CRT or LCD monitor and select 60hz on the auzillary monitor, i can play the game on the auxilliary monitor.

A quick search on Google confirms that many people are having this same problem.

When can we expect a patch to fix this issue and allow us to play the game at 59hz?

This was their reply:
    Hello!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I apologize for the difficulty you're having with Battlefield 2142.

Unfortunately, the game does not support and is not tested to run in 59 Hertz refresh rate. Please make sure that the refresh rate is set to 60 Hertz in order to run the game.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase.

Sincerely,

Chris P.
    EA Technical Support
    edited November 2007
    ccb056 wrote:
    I sent the following support request to EA

This was their reply:

EA is right... it is a HP issue and their Graphics card. some shipped with 60MHz and others with 59Mhz. We had a work around but it has been so long I have forgotten it.
  • edited November 2007
    I got BF2 to work and my laptop to display a 60hz after I updated my video card drivers.