MBM5 shows CPU at -41C Why?

edited September 2006 in Hardware
I just loaded MBM5 which I downloaded from here.

MBM5 shows CPU at -41C.

PC Wizard Shows CPU at 31.5C.

How do I Fix MBM5 show it shows the correct temp?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited August 2006
    lol restart your machine. thats what mine usually does untill i restart, or the sensors are set up incorrectly
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    MBM5 is fast becoming outdated. It's creators have chosen not to update it anymore. You might want to try SpeedFan. I dumped MBM5 when I transitioned to Socket 775 motherboards, with the exception of my old NF2 Abit motherboard, on which MBM5 works just fine.
  • edited August 2006
    Armo wrote:
    lol restart your machine. thats what mine usually does untill i restart, or the sensors are set up incorrectly
    Nope! Still -41C after restart.
  • edited August 2006
    Thanks! SpeedFan is kool!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2006
    Haha, and to think I needed a vapochill to hit -41 :D

It is unfortunate that MBM5 support has ended. I still love its interface. The dashboard has just become so familiar over the last few years. It's flaky with new boards, but I was lucky to find a tweak to get it working on the DFI NF4 boards. Speedfan is probably the most popular one out there now.
  • edited August 2006
    lemonline, first thanks for your excellent overclocking write-up...it's the best!

Do you think there is a mbm5 tweak for the Asus a8v board somewhere?
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2006
    mqsymth wrote:
    lemonline, first thanks for your excellent overclocking write-up...it's the best!

Do you think there is a mbm5 tweak for the Asus a8v board somewhere?

Glad you liked the OC article mqsymth! :cheers:

I took a quick look around, and I didn't see any custom settings for the A8V. With a little work, you may be able to get it going. What board did you select when you first installed MBM5?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I use MBM5 and here's another I use from time to time... free too..
    Winbond Hardware Doctor
    It works on the Asus boards even though it says it's for Winbond/Intel W83781D IC series products.
    I have it on 6 pc's -- 4 Asus mobo's and 2 Abit mobo's.
    I like trying out diff software on my pc's to evaluate ease of use, etc.
  • edited August 2006
    lemonlime wrote:
    Glad you liked the OC article mqsymth! :cheers:

I took a quick look around, and I didn't see any custom settings for the A8V. With a little work, you may be able to get it going. What board did you select when you first installed MBM5?

I tried SpeedFan and downloaded the ASUS A8V file from them and this seems to work so I guess trying to get MBM5 working correctly would be a waste. Also the ASUS Probe software that comes the ASUS CD works well also and has the same temps as SpeedFan. However the 12v readings are different. The Asus shows 12.06 and the SpeedFan shows 11.69. Go figure!

Thanks for your help.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I would trust Asus Probe more than SpeedFan. On my Asus boards (three) I run SpeedFan and Probe. The readings on all three boards are nearly the same between the two softwares.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    MBM5 is fast becoming outdated. It's creators have chosen not to update it anymore. You might want to try SpeedFan. I dumped MBM5 when I transitioned to Socket 775 motherboards, with the exception of my old NF2 Abit motherboard, on which MBM5 works just fine.

Where's the link to SpeedFan?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    www.google.com - sheesh.
    edited September 2006
    I used google search, but there doesn't seem to be a way to download the file off the SpeedFan website.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    I used google search, but there doesn't seem to be a way to download the file off the SpeedFan website.
    SpeedFan :wave:
    edited September 2006
    Well, I managed to download it. I had to turn off GetRight's click monitoring.

--EDIT--
    I went here: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php