Who are you?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Igon, I'm fuzzy on the whole..... "good - bad" thing.... What do you mean by... "bad"?

;)

Welcome to Icrontic.

Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds. :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    That's a big twinkie.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    That's a big twinkie.

That would be a big twinkie, which begs the question.
    I can smoke a twinkie in about 1 second flat if I'm hungry enough ;D

COULD YOU? ;D

Reading old threads at 2:00 am, finding strange correlations between Ghostbuster lines and the site owner's eating boasts. :tongue:

Only one place it could happen :cool2:

Welcome to the team Igon:bigggrin:
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    21 year old Computer Science Student. Working part time for Fry's Electronics. Related, now, to another IC member. Just trying to expand my IT knowledge base because I find myself short handed on answers and ideas in situations. Also started folding because I built a new rig and was told this is how to unlock its true potential.
    edited April 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    21 year old Computer Science Student. Working part time for Fry's Electronics. Related, now, to another IC member. Just trying to expand my IT knowledge base because I find myself short handed on answers and ideas in situations. Also started folding because I built a new rig and was told this is how to unlock its true potential.

And, and, you're a total dickwad :D:thumbsup:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Herro _k_! Great to see you on the forums. :D
    edited April 2008
    Hey now prime I thought you said you loved me mang....or is that your way of saying you want me to go to the wrong bar with you next time.
    edited April 2008
    The "wrong" bar can be so, so right ;D:crazy:

Welcome to IC, _k.. You clearly fit in JUST fine around here :D
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited May 2008
    Hi, im sam, 14. been here in icrontic for about 1 mnth i think. Discovered icrontic when finding how to remove a virus in my PC. and it helped ^^. but still, i gotta clean up a virus in my PC *again*. and after icrontic, i just discovered folding ^^ ( for about 6 hours ago, actually i have it running now).i would be glad to help! Happy folding!
    edited May 2008
    Welcome garfield :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Welcome Garfield!!!
    edited May 2008
    thanks! :D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Name: Raúl Muñoz (Hispanic)
    Interests: Pwning n00bs in Raven Shield (just like I did §lick a few times :rolleyes: ), UT and any other FPS. Computers in general. Know jack about programming :(. So that's what I'm gonna study in college :D

Name: Same
    Interests: Ubi killed Rainbow Six. Computers in general. Still know jack about programming and that's what I wanted to study in college but now I don't know ;[

Nothing like FAIL in the air. You all suck. :rant:
  • everyguyeveryguy El Cajon, California
    edited June 2008
    I'm David Roberts, I just had my 51st birthday. I've been folding since way back when, probably around 2001, but I joined team 93 a few years ago. I had the programs running as services on my computers, for a long time, but about a year ago, my son shut them all off (he thought they interfered with his gaming). But recently, I upgraded two of my computers to AMD Phenom Quad cores, and I couldn't stand that all that power was sitting idle, so I installed the SMP version on them, and two other dual core machines in my house. So we are folding up a storm.

I'm actually not sure how I ended up on team 93. I was rather surprised to discover I was a member. I think I entered "93" by mistake. Maybe I thought they were asking my age!!! (OK, I'm not that old). Anyway, after I found out I was forever tied to Icrontic (if you change your team it resets all your counts), I checked out the web site and it's pretty cool. Anyway, I am a tech junkie all the way, so I guess I fit it.

As for other details, I work as a freelance Japanese to English translator, translating engineering documents for $ 50 million machines made by Nikon that make computer chips. I have a wife and kids, two sons 17 and 13, and a daughter who is 10.
    edited June 2008
    Welcome aboard, everyman! :)
    edited June 2008
    Welcome
    edited June 2008
    Welcome here every! one. :D
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited June 2008
    Welcome aboard! :)
    edited June 2008
    Welcome aboard this folding ship!!! Thanks for lending us your spare CPU cycles. ;)
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited June 2008
    Hey all! Im fairly new to the forums as you can tell by my post count. I'm from www.computerforums.org and im looking for a little different atmosphere and i believe icrontic fits the bill.

Anyway, i'm 16, junior in highschool and as you can see in my sig im a computer technician and system builder for a local computer company. I play sports for school, last year i was on JV baseball at my 6A highschool, and during the summer i play at ken berry (a local baseball complex in topeka).

My background - Born in altus, OK my dad was stationed at Altus AFB, so i'm a military brat. He served in desert storm/gulf war and is now slightly paraplegic due to injuries he suffered in the air force.

Anyway, after growing up in altus at the age of 7, we moved to my current town topeka, ks. And guess what! IT SUCKS! Yea, there's absolutely nothing to do here, NOTHING. Im getting out of here ASAP after college. Which brings my next part, my future.

Right now im planning on attending Kansas State for a BA in Nuclear Engineering and a MA in Computer Systems and Networking, both fields fascinate me, so why not combine them? Also, since i was a kid ive always wanted to be a firefighter and currently im a memeber of the local explorer post for the fire department to get real experience, its not just a dream i've had, its a reality that ive wanted to accomplish. So, after going to K-State i plan on becoming a part-time volunteer fire fighter and emt. That's basically me, except the part about computers, but being a self educated computer technician, the whole computer thing should be obvious :).

I look forward to dedicating 6+ computers to our folding@home team.
    edited June 2008
    welcome aboard
    edited June 2008
    Welcome to Icrontic :)
    edited June 2008
    Welcome to the family!!!
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited June 2008
    Thanks guys! Glad to be here! :D
  • EduTechEduTech Birmingham
    edited July 2008
    Hi Guys,

Well have some across your forums a few times now and have found some posts to be very useful. So thought it was best i sign up and maybe help some of you guys out.

I am James, I am a Assistant ICT & Network Support Manager for a Senior School in Birmingham, West Mids, UK.

I am also part of the Xbox Live Support Team at Microsoft so here for all your xbox 360 owners as well ;)

My main forum which i use is Edugeek.net dont know some of you might find it useful in the future that is mainly aimed at the Educational IT guys - Here i am the Edugeek Wiki Manager and Edugeek Newsletter Manager.

anyhow hope that tells you a little bit about me.. now time to get round your forums.. see you around

Regards

James.
    edited July 2008
    Welcome to Icrontic! :) Glad to have you around :thumbsup:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Hi James, welcome to Icrontic. Make yourself comfortable. We're a casual lot.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Hello James, could we interest you or your school in folding for Team 93? It's a groovy thang to do around here :)
    edited July 2008
    Hey James welcome to the fold.
  • EduTechEduTech Birmingham
    edited July 2008
    Hi,

I would be happy to involved in anything i can.. Myself personally and i will see what i can do where my school is concerned.

Feel free to drop me a PM or Email me

James.evans (at) bhtc (dot) sandwell (dot) sch (dot) uk

Anything i can do to help i will do.. I'm nice like that. Plus its great fun!

Kind Regards

James.

EDITED By "Q" - Removed email address to avoid James getting spammed...