For the FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME - we have a team conquest!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Folding@Home
WOW! Now, I haven't seen THIS in a while:

arsgreen.png

:rockon:

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    SWEET... I think some of our new members have really helped boost our production. !!! GO TEAM !!!:D:D:D

Remember, every point is for research. The points are great but it's the research that make all the difference!!! :thumbsup:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    That's right Team Egg Roll, we're comming for ya (in 17 years)!!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    WoooT!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Aww yeah! :smokin:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    Nice to see GREEN again! :woowoo:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    we just need to buy a couple hundred PS3's and we will be rockin:D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Post a friendly rib over at ars openforums :)

be nice! :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    In 2023, when I can fit a 12nm AMD Noviron X16 25000+ on my thumbnail, ArsTechnica is going <i>down.</i>
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2006
    It won't take much to get our two threats off the threats list...and the fact that we are now pulling on ARS?? This is good news! :D

~FA
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    bahh add more CPU's and we can cut 17 years to 7 weeks :)
    edited September 2006
    Well, I am building 4 new machines within the next week or so. 2x3100+ Semprons and 2x 3400+ Semprons. All 24/7 folders. That's a start.

~FA
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Nice to see GREEN again!
    Ah, that feels good! Still in the game, but good!
    edited September 2006
    How about 400 PC's folding 10 hours a day during the week and 24 hours on weekends? Well... I just talked with my Grad class and one of my fellow students is the IT director for a school district. Every night and all weekend on all the PCs!!!!

We'll see if he pulls through... Look for "the_technocrat" :D
    edited September 2006
    that will boost SM pretty high!!!! so thats like having 200 PC folding 24/7 :)
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Go Team!!
    I was just looking at the stats this morning thinking how well we have pulled our production up from averaging 80,000 in 24hrs to almost 100,000. Didn't know we were finally giving Ars a hiding tho..:necro:
    edited September 2006
    This guy, Dan, was REALLY interested in the F@H. He and I have been working together to get scripts that allow him to run at logon and get setup. The next step will be getting the Group Policy to run F@H only on off hours... if that works, then it's a done deal. This guy only reports to the District Superintendent and has almost total power over the IT structure.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    This guy, Dan, was REALLY interested in the F@H. He and I have been working together to get scripts that allow him to run at logon and get setup. The next step will be getting the Group Policy to run F@H only on off hours... if that works, then it's a done deal. This guy only reports to the District Superintendent and has almost total power over the IT structure.
    That's awesome! Can't wait to see him on the roster! :smokin:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:

how come on only off hours, since you could set the priority to low, which just about every app would have more president than, which in theory wouldnt hit performance one bit
    edited September 2006
    As an IT Director... he doesn't want to encourage non-vital applications being installed on his systems. So... to not sound hypocritical, he is only doing it after school hours. I'm not gonna argue... 400 PC's for 10 hours a day and 48 during the weekend... That's better than nothing.

Further more... I gave him several Folding business cards and gave him a detailed explanation of Folding. He may well become another fanatic!!! :D
    edited September 2006
    another Sledgehammer!!! No!!!!! :) I mean Yes!!!!!
    edited September 2006
    another Sledgehammer!!! No!!!!! :) I mean Yes!!!!!

I know right? DAMNNNNNN Now I'l never stay in the top 5 producers!!111 :(

~FA
  • edited September 2006
    You guys are so funny!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    smack wrote:
    You guys are so funny!
    Some intentionally so, others quite by accident. ;D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I just decided to get back onthe ball... add one work computer, a laptop and my dual core desktop to the mix ;)

I've been meaning to come back, but I've been too lazy to do anything about it... really damned lazy.

Though the work computer will only fold while I am here, my so-called boss is too much and an ass/idiot to allow me to run it 24/7, but ohh well.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    How about 400 PC's folding 10 hours a day during the week and 24 hours on weekends? Well... I just talked with my Grad class and one of my fellow students is the IT director for a school district. Every night and all weekend on all the PCs!!!!

We'll see if he pulls through... Look for "the_technocrat" :D

over 3500 in about 2 days.
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=the_technocrat&teamnum=93

:grr:

ALL YOUR PROTEINS ARE BELONG TO US

I also have about 7 servers I'm retiring/consolidating into 4 IBM x306m's. Need to keep the old ones around for a while in case someone needs some old info. Guess what they'll be doing?

In the meantime, I have the 306's churning away as well...until they get put into production...
    edited September 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:

'almost'? :-)

script done. I believe the procedure has also been added to the SM FAQ. Pushed out to about 120 machines to start things off...look for the WU's to come in next week.

Right now, I'm seeing WU's coming in from my test lab (an underused 30-machine lab in one building). 3500 in about 2 days! :-)

All for the research, of course, but I'm glad it'll help! It'd be cool to take out some big names, just for fun of course
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Thank you very much. Important research gets a boost, Team 93 moves forward faster, and you feel good about yourself - justifiably so!
    edited September 2006
    how come on only off hours, since you could set the priority to low, which just about every app would have more president than, which in theory wouldnt hit performance one bit

I've rolled out FAH to run as a service whenever the machine is on. priority low, of course. So far this past week there was no performance hit when people were using the labs. In fact, since FAH throttles back when there's user activity, It's not noticeable at all to the users.
    edited September 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    and you feel good about yourself

I know...need to make up for those years in showbusiness...in Tiajuana...I should stop there...:tongue2:

thanks though...my ord is trying to decide whether or not to advertise its use of FAH. On the one hand, they do, but there's the thought that maybe the people paying tuition wouldn't approve of it, because of lack of understanding of just selfishness...in any case, fold on!
    edited September 2006
    WOW! Now, I haven't seen THIS in a while:

arsgreen.png

:rockon:

Where'd you get the stats/graph?