Cog Dumper!!

edited September 2006 in Folding@Home
A little something I put together. What do you think? I was going for "Hauling Cogs" or "Dumping a load of Cogs" A real cog mover!!

Maybe someone good at Photoshop can make it cooler! :bigggrin:

dumpin_cog.gif

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Haha, when I saw this post I thought it was about a machine that keeps crashing and losing the work units before they had finished. Nevermind :p
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited September 2006
    Daxx wrote:
    A little something I put together. What do you think? I was going for "Hauling Cogs" or "Dumping a load of Cogs" A real cog mover!!

dumpin_cog.gif

How did you make it?
  • edited September 2006
    V|P wrote:
    How did you make it?
    Well, I found the dump truck on google images and cut it out of it's background using photoshop, then I pretty much hand drew the cog in the back of the dump truck using photoshop. All I had to go on was this:

http://www.familylearningworks.eu.com/flw2/assets/images/cogs.gif
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited September 2006
    Daxx wrote:
    Well, I found the dump truck on google images and cut it out of it's background using photoshop, then I pretty much hand drew the cog in the back of the dump truck using photoshop. All I had to go on was this:

http://www.familylearningworks.eu.com/flw2/assets/images/cogs.gif
    If you did the cog in pen then send it over so I can use the shape in C4D. :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    Nice! :cheers:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Awesome! :thumbsup:

Heh, now I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to have an anodized blue aluminum cog on my desk :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Hey hey, some potential here! :D
  • edited September 2006
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Heh, now I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to have an anodized blue aluminum cog on my desk :D
    That would be pretty cool! Everyone that gets their first million points should get an annodized blue aluminum cog sent to them to proudly display in their home or office! :smiles:
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Daxx wrote:
    That would be pretty cool! Everyone that gets their first million points should get an annodized blue aluminum cog sent to them to proudly display in their home or office! :smiles:

Now THAT is an awesome idea!! It should have a little plaque attached to it with some wording relating to folding. It would be a great conversation starter.
    edited September 2006
    Giving this a try in what I feel is the perfect thread for it. :thumbsup:
  • edited September 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Giving this a try in what I feel is the perfect thread for it. :thumbsup:
    LOL! Isn't it weird how things like this happen! :bigggrin:

And thanks, Prof. :thumbsup:
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Daxx wrote:

Maybe not cooler, but I made an avy out of it. :-)
    edited September 2006
    I'm sure someone should replace the truck with a cat and do a "In ur team, foldin' ur protiens" too :p
  • edited September 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    I'm sure someone should replace the truck with a cat :p
    (pussy cats are acceptable, but not with a cog in their butt.) :D
  • edited September 2006
    Maybe not cooler, but I made an avy out of it. :-)
    I think that is a great honor! Glad you liked it enough to make an avy. As the internet lives on and this image survives me through the ages, there will be a time when the original artist is lost and this image become uber valuable. With my death, riches will be made! You have my permission to sell it to the highest bidder. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2006
    Sweet, I'm a theoretical future millionaire!

on a side note, I didn't see that sig in the sig-maker-dohickey. Where'd you get it?
    edited September 2006
    ...I didn't see that sig in the sig-maker-dohickey. Where'd you get it?
    He may have done something different, but our sig generator allows you to use a custom picture if you choose. :)
    edited September 2006
    Check the location of the sig. It's a custom one from http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com
    edited September 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    Check the location of the sig. It's a custom one from http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com

got it, thx. mmm, day-tah...