Busted mobo?

fntmx1fntmx1 New
edited September 2006 in Hardware
So last night, I was turning my computer off after playing a video game, and went through the start menu to turn off the computer. I was tired and lazy, so instead of clicking "Turn off" like I normally do, I just hit enter... which I noticed put my computer to stand by. 9 hours later when I turned it on this morning... nothing happened (meaning none of the fans turned on, nothing showed on my monitor, nothing at all happened). I have a ASUS A8NSLI Deluxe motherboard, and I use the keyboard to turn my computer on (CTRL+Esc), when that didn't work, I use tried the power button on the chasis... no go...

So I decided to crack the box open, and popped the battery off the motherboard. Reinserted it back it... and still didn't turn on. The last thing I tried was clearing the CMOS with the jumper... Also didn't work...

Last thing I did was stip everything from it but a stick of RAM, the CPU, and a vid card. Pushed the power button.... and nothing...

The power is going through to motherboard... the LED on it turns on when I plug it in. As well as my keyboard which also has an LED which tells me that there's power going to it. I've done nothing out of the blue... I didn't install any new hardware, or software... just played a game and turned it off.

I'm out of ideas as to what I can do... Is it maybe I've fried my processor or mobo... I'd like to know before have to buy anything...

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    Try leaving the CMOS battery out for at least twenty minutes. Make sure the computer is unplugged from the wall and leave the CMOS jumper in the reset position during this time. Then put everything back to normal, cross your fingers, and see what happens.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Try leaving the CMOS battery out for at least twenty minutes. Make sure the computer is unplugged from the wall and leave the CMOS jumper in the reset position during this time. Then put everything back to normal, cross your fingers, and see what happens.
    Exactly, BUT after putting the battery back in, DON'T FORGET to put the CMOS jumper back in the run position. (YES, I am speaking from personal experience. ;D )
  • fntmx1fntmx1 New
    edited September 2006
    No, I must've left the battery for about and hour and it still doesn't work...
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I would check the PSU. It may have cooked itself.

The other thnkg to do is remove your HSF and make sure that you have good contact to the CPU.