bios is not installed

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Hi all i wonder if you can help me i get these mesages every time i restart or start my pc,are they anything to worry about ???

1st messages
SCAN DEVICES PLEASE WAIT....
PRESS <TAB> KEY INTO USER WINDOW!
SERIAL_CH0 MASTER : NO DEVICE
SERIAL_CH1 MASTER : NO DEVICE

2nd messages
SCANNING IDE DRIVES.....

THEN
NO DRIVE ATTACHED TO FASTTRAK CONTROLLER,THE BIOS IS NOT INSTALLED....

Is this anything to worry about ??????????

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Is this a new computer? If not, what preceded this booting problem? On the surface, it sounds like a simple problem, but your answers to the questions I posed will help us diagnose the problem.
  • edited September 2006
    Hi leo, the pc is about a year old and i did a reinstall windows from scratch about 5 months ago,so i guess its been coming up with these messages from about then.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Assuming the machine is still working fine it just sounds like the second onboard controller (third party) scanning for devices and just saying it's not going to turn on because there isn't anything connected to it. It's just info, not errors so don't worry about it.
  • edited September 2006
    hi again,well i dont think it is working as good as it should be and i have what i think are a few probs,another one being in my asus pc probe the results of my hardware monitor summary says that everything is ok except the power fan which has a value of 0, and the status is , moniter paused ,but when i tick the box for it, it begins beeping and says powerfan below threshold, i think these are minor problems though not sure so trying to get them sorted. thx
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    That just means you don't have your PSU fan plugged into the PSU fan header on the motherboard. If you have a cable that comes out your PSU that will fit on the header near the top of the motherboard (3 pin fan connection) then you can plug it in there. It doesn't really need to be though and some (most?) PSUs don't actually have this cable anyway.