Sm 37

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Folding@Home
So, when's SM 37 scheduled to be voted upon? It's been 6 months since SM 36...

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    We're still trying to fill in a few holes in the lineup, mainly due to Hosts who have had to give up their rigs.

The last time around (the reissue of SM31) we only had one qualified candidate. It would be nice to see a groundswell of support to get more rigs rolling out the door. I have a couple of them waiting on my bench, who would be interested in seeing them offered up to the team? :)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    well, I want to host one now. Let the swelling begin!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Don't say "Swelling" and "Host" in the same breath, it can make Prof a bit uncomfortable. :D

No really, we have been trying to upgrade older SMx rigs and make sure all of the older SMx rigs have qualified hosts. Besides... we've lost some of the spark in the team. We want 5 or 6 qualified people to be in the running. While it makes it tougher to deliberate and vote, it makes it more fun and exciting!!!
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Don't say "Swelling" and "Host" in the same breath, it can make Prof a bit uncomfortable. :D

Could be worse, could have been "swelling" and "member" :p
    edited October 2006
    ;D good one Everex!!! ;D
  • EnverexEnverex
    shakes his head and sighs, wondering if it's close to only 60% of people that spell his name right
    I am not a battery! :rolleyes2
    Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    shakes his head and sighs, wondering if it's close to only 60% of people that spell his name right
    edited October 2006
    oops.... sorry Enverex
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    Everex sounds like a good name for a law firm specializing in divorce cases. :vimp:
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    *extreme eye rollage the likes of which no smiley could ever hope to encompas*
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    My worry is that the SMx project will become stagnant without opportunities for people to host at regular intervals. I did notice that the last few have not had that many applicants, however. I suppose that a break here and there is warranted, but it seems (to me) that 6 months would be sufficient.

edit: and this thread/forum may not get enough views to judge the actual interest.
    Enverex wrote:
    * Enverex shakes his head and sighs, wondering if it's close to only 60% of people that spell his name right

Well, you know it's not like your name is right next to the post D:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    It would be nice to re-invigorate the SMx project by putting up another rig for hosting, but we have a pretty big problem with the CURRENT SMx machines that are out there doing nothing. We need to get those folding again or reassigned before we shell out money for the next rig :-/
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I agree.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Me three.