Signatures

2»

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I try to keep my sigs downsized.. I use to sport more than my SMx rigs but now I don't see a point... my name and a thanks is good enough :)

I do think large sigs are an evil aspect of SM, it does cause slow load speeds. But it doesn't really bother me... just gets frustrating sometimes when you’re trying to read the physical content of people’s posts.

I think my new tag listing out shines my sig length :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Yes, I found a mod that does this (both sigs and avs). I downloaded it and will have a closer look.

I recently decided to 'downsize' my own sig, because it had picked up a bit of clutter, and doing so reminded me of this thread.

Did anything come out of this potential solution? Is the hack something that would work for our site?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    It's still on my list :) I've had two months of coding a content management system, and I still need to upgrade the forum to 3.6 before I can do significant template hacks. We're getting there.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Meh, You're talking like you've had something else to do recently... ;)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Sweet action, Keebs! Let us know if it's cool.
    OK upgrade complete, so I went and studied the plugin. Turns out it's per-post, not per-user. You can minimize someone's sig in one place, but it will only stay off in that thread. :rolleyes: No wonder it only has 9 installs logged.

Sorry guys, doesn't look like there's a function to do this right now. I'm down with installing plugins, but I don't want to write one from scratch right now. :-/