Become an SMx Donor!

2»

Comments

• FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2006
    Is that an official donation and not just an upgrade for while you have it?

I was of the understanding that any major upgrade like that was automatically "official" IE, if for any reason I have to give up SM25, the parts go with her. So I guess it's official yes.

~FA
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited October 2006
    While we're on the subject...

I do believe IC6 is the only dual-Opteron SMX rig out there. The 242's (1.6) are permanent fixtures, the 848's (2.2) are a semi-temporary upgrade.

Can I be grandfathered in? Please?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Yup, I'll add all those, just please PM me a figure somewhere in the ballpark so I can translate into the subscription :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    I was of the understanding that any major upgrade like that was automatically "official" IE, if for any reason I have to give up SM25, the parts go with her. So I guess it's official yes.

~FA
    Actually, that's entirely up to the Host. All we ask is that the Host make it clear as to whether parts are on temporary loan to the project, or have been permanently donated.

If the donation is permanent, we may request that some or all of the old parts be shipped to the Host of a lesser rig as an upgrade. (All shipping to be paid by the SMx Fund, not either of the Hosts involved.)

Obviously, we love it when there is a permanent upgrade to our SMx lineup. That doesn't mean that we don't highly appreciate a Host who makes a temporary loan of equipment. After all, the increased points it accumulates during that time is permanent. :D

It's your call all the way, though. :):fold:
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2006
    Well either way, if the conroe were not in SM25 it would just be setup in some other case under my own name, so it's all good. I will say that all upgraded parts in SM25 now are property of the SMX project, so consider it a donation. ;)

The old parts available from SM25 to be sent anywhere you like are:

PSU
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Hard drive

YGPM Keebs

~FA