SO fustrated no one around me helped

edited October 2006 in Hardware
well I made my own computer and got windows xp home edition installed and it seemed to be working but the dvd drive doesnt work( in bios it shows up i think but if u push the button it will not open and the light isnt lighting up and windows doesnt even seem to know i have it in the computer) my cd drive ony works when i turn the power on(if i restart it then it will not work or be recognized by bios or windows, i have to turn of the main power in the back then turn it back on for it to work) the computer restarts randomly and games close randomly I've asked around my house and stuff but no one helps, my brother is really good with comps but every time he comes home from college he just uses my xbox and puts me off ive tried by myslelf now for about 3 weeks and have got no where, also, ive looked alot of places and no one really seems to care or help so if you could help that would make me really happy.............. i found this site and you guys looked like nice people that would help, well i really appereciate you even reading this and if you could help that would meen alot.

I dont really know what to say under my computer specs, is there a program i can run that will tell me everything? well ill tell you what i know about my computer
Radeon 1950x
2 ddr 1gb ram
Intel core 2 duo processor E6400(2.13 ghz 1066 mhz fsb 2 mb l2 cache)
extreme power 600 w power supply (cooler master)
maxtor sata hard drive (200gb 8mb cache 7200 rpm)
ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard
im sorry but i do not know what cd or dvd drive i have(it was my brothers)
I hope i gave the specs right well thank you for reading this plz help
u can AIM me also on aaman4567 i really appereciate it

Comments

• edited October 2006
    oh yea im pretty sure this comp is good (i think, hope ) and how long do you think itll last me because ive spent alot on it and i dont want to be spending anymore, again thanks for all the help i appereciate it.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Hi there, Aaman. We do try to be friendly here...and are usually helpful. I think your system specifications look quite nice. Once you get the wrinkles ironed out, you'll enjoy a snappy system that will serve you well for some time to come.

Before we look at specific problems, we need a little more information about the computer's construction and configuration:

1. How long ago did you build it?
    2. Is it online - internet?
    3. Do you have an anti-virus program installed AND updated?
    4. When you built the computer, did you install the motherboard drivers and other device drivers that were on the motherboard CD?
    5. Please tell us what computer case you have. (Need to know concerning it's cooling properties.) Does it have fans installed? If yes, where are they located.

With this information, we'll have a pretty good foundation against which to working on the problems. We'll get you where you need to be.
  • edited October 2006
    um i built it in about the 3rd week of september so it hasnt even been a month, well thats when i started getting the parts, i just completed it and got it running about 1 week ago, its online, im using it right now i installed avg antivirus the free one but for some reason it wont open when i click it so i guess no to the virus question, i installed the things on the motherboard disk, im pretty sure(ill check to make sure) i installed all the other disks that came with everything except the cd and dvd drives( didnt find a disk for them do you need one?) for the computer case im not to sure my brother bought it for his computer like 3 years ago and gave it to me when he left ill see if i can find it on the internet when i find it ill post it...thanks i hope this helped
  • edited October 2006
    ok i found the computer case, heres the link, its at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144001 oh and the fans i have 2 extra fans attached to the case, the radeon already has a fan built into it, its pretty big, the power supply has a big fan built into it and the mother board has the cpu fan and it has a fan connected to the heat pipe
  • edited October 2006
    aaman4567

windows xp home edition
    dvd drive doesnt work
    ( in bios it shows up i think but if u push the button it will not open and the light isnt lighting up and windows doesnt even seem to know i have it in the computer)
    my cd drive ony works when i turn the power on
    (if i restart it then it will not work or be recognized by bios or windows, i have to turn of the main power in the back then turn it back on for it to work)
    So you're saying you have a DVD drive and a CD drive on the SAME cable? If so make sure the jumpers are set correctly (Master /slave)... if not PULL the drive (disconnect) and see if this fixes your other problems, or swap them to another cable.

The computer restarts randomly and games close randomly
    - Could be any number of things,(ram, power supply, software problem, overheating ,etc) but you saying the drives are not being seen in the bios sometimes makes me think the MOTHERBOARD is bad.

my brother is really good with comps but every time he comes home from college he just uses my xbox and puts me off

You need to hide the Xbox till he fixes it, helps you out. While you "may" be able to fix your system with the advice given here, having someone "right there" that knows about computers will get it fixed faster, keep you from pulling your hair out. If he can't be there in person, keep in mind talking with someone over the telephone will give better results than typing up what you have done here. It's far too easy to overlook something when you're posting.

BTW: Whatever you do, you need to do it FAST if you need to get something replaced

Computer specs, is there a program i can run that will tell me everything? well ill tell you what i know about my computer

This should, may help:

Unknown Device Identifier 5.02
    http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Freeware
    Unknown Device Identifier enables you to identify the yellow question mark labeled Unknown Devices in Device Manager. And reports you a detailed summary for the manufacturer name, OEM name, device type, device model and even the exact name of the unknown devices. With the collected information, you might contact your hardware manufacturer for support or search the Internet for the corresponding driver with a simple click. With this utility, you might immediately convert your unidentified unknown devices into identified known devices and find proper driver on the Internet and contact the hardware device manufacturer or vender. Known devices recognized by Microsoft Windows will also be analyzed independent of the operating system.

udi.gif

PS: You may also want to google around for some programs that tell you the temps of your system. Maybe look on www.majorgeeks.com
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    Looks like a good program, WeAreNotAlone. :)

The Belarc Advisor might help you, too, aaman4567.
  • edited October 2006
    Yes, Belarc Advisor is good.

We need to make up a list if there's not one already? that lists programs for testing, id'ing hardware...

I'm currently "burning-in" a system right now.... ("Burning-in = Loading the system down, maxing out the cpu, etc to make sure the "hardware" of the system is "ok" before I cut the upc code off the box for a $100 rebate on the system)

Prime 95 -maxes out the cpu, but performs no video tests.
    Supr Pi -maxes the cpu (crashes if I select the 32m option under "Select digits of pi to be calculated)

PS: Anyone have a listing of the current (free) programs that can be used on a system to "stress-test" it? To burn-it-in? Something that can run in a loop (unattended) to test the cpu/gpu/hard drive, memory, etc...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Prime 95. Install it twice, one each for two different installation folders. Stress both CPU cores simultaneously.

Folding@Home is also a good stress tester for the CPU.

Sandra (SiSoft) BurnIn
  • edited October 2006
    http://www.freshdevices.com/
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Fresh_Diagnose_d440.html

Fresh Diagnose
    free diagnostic tool
    v 7.44: October 8, 2006

freshdiag.gif
  • edited October 2006
    thanks for the help you guys, things just keep gettng worse for me, i installed the motherboards disk(all it had left on it was like the built in sound ) and when i restarted the computer it asked me for that cd key thing for windows so i typed it in and now it says i used it to many times( I had to use it alot because of there freaking system messing up ) so now i proably have to get a new xp thing for 100$ because there thing messed up, wow i feel as if im just digging my grave every time I try something with the computer.
  • edited October 2006
    i ran the unknown device identifier, but i dont know what im looking for, sorry if im getting annoying, Im a slow learner
    edited October 2006
    aaman4567 wrote:
    ...when i restarted the computer it asked me for that cd key thing for windows so i typed it in and now it says i used it to many times( I had to use it alot because of there freaking system messing up ) so now i proably have to get a new xp thing for 100$ because there thing messed up, wow i feel as if im just digging my grave every time I try something with the computer.
    Nope. :) Call the 800 number and explain to MS that you are building a new computer and have been having trouble. They'll give you a code over the phone and you'll be back in business in no time.
    aaman4567 wrote:
    i ran the unknown device identifier, but i dont know what im looking for, sorry if im getting annoying, Im a slow learner
    Can you post a screenshot like the one WeAreNotAlone has a few posts back? Make sure you click the + signs so we can see the subcategories.

Don't give up - unless the board is bad we will help you get it going. If it is bad we can help you figure that out fairly soon and save you the hassle of messing with a lost cause. The worst that can happen is that you may have a bad bit of hardware, and since it's new stuff it shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement.

A couple of things to check as far as the drives are concerned: Are the jumpers set for Master/Slave properly? Is the Master drive at the end of the IDE Cable and the Slave (if any) in the middle connector?
  • edited October 2006
    aaman4567 wrote:
    thanks for the help you guys, things just keep gettng worse for me, i installed the motherboards disk(all it had left on it was like the built in sound ) and when i restarted the computer it asked me for that cd key thing for windows so i typed it in and now it says i used it to many times( I had to use it alot because of there freaking system messing up ) so now i proably have to get a new xp thing for 100$ because there thing messed up, wow i feel as if im just digging my grave every time I try something with the computer.

1: Call MS like noted above to request a new key.

2: Google something called "Hiren's BootCD"... on it are allot of apps that come in handy. Note that you should purchase any app that you use, after it's proven to work for you.

3: Using a program like Ghost, or Arconis True Image "image" the hard drive to an external hard drive, or DVD..... (This will SAVE you allot of time, plus should keep you from calling MS as much when messing around /swapping around hardware.)
  • edited October 2006
    Hey Dude,

I have a real quick question, how is a person supposed to post a new thread on this site, I can't find it anywhere. Man, I just need simple answers, ever get that way? Sorry, I'm just so frustrated.

Thanks,

Matthew
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Matthew wrote:
    Hey Dude,

I have a real quick question, how is a person supposed to post a new thread on this site, I can't find it anywhere. Man, I just need simple answers, ever get that way? Sorry, I'm just so frustrated.

Thanks,

Matthew

That is all.
  • edited October 2006
    hey how do i put the pic of the devices's thing, you cant highlight the stuff, it would take me a long time to type it so have any ideas. Yea Im pretty sure i have the master and slave cables hooked up right, if i dont get the dvd drive working its ok, i just want the computer to run fine, oh yea i got a message when i booted up the computer today that the cpu fan was messing up, it usually runs at around 1800 rpm but for some reason it was running at 750 rpm, i restarted the computer a couple of times and then it work,lkkkkkkkkkkkled wow now my kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkey is messin up wow. why do all the bad things have to happen to me its likkkkkkkkkkke god hates me.
  • edited October 2006
    ok i got it wow it took me sooo long to do it, i had to make all the "-" things in it and all the spaces and make the main things bigger but i did it..oh i fixed the k key yesssss
    Device Information Listing for Aaron@HOME - 10/13/2006 10:39:38 AM

--Radeon X1950 Series
    OEM Device from ATI Technologies
    Chip: ATI Technologies
    Detail
    - PnpID
    -- VEN_1002&DEV_7240&SUBSYS_0B121002&REV_00
    -Vender
    -- ATI Technologies Inc.
    - Device
    -- Radeon X1950 Series
    - Chip Vender
    -- ATI Technologies
    - OEM Vender
    -- ATI Technologies
    --Radeon X1950 Series Secondary
    OEM Device from ATI Technologies
    Chip: ATI Technologies
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1002&DEV_7260&SUBSYS_0B131002&REV_00
    -Vender
    --ATI Technologies Inc.
    -Device
    --Radeon X1950 Series Secondary
    -Chip Vender
    --ATI Technologies
    -OEM Vender
    --ATI Technologies
    --Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    OEM Device from ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    Chip: Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AB22 1394a-2000 OHCI PHY/Link-Layer Controller
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_104C&DEV_8023&SUBSYS_815B1043&REV_00
    -Vender
    --Texas Instruments
    -Device
    --Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    -Chip Vender
    --Texas Instruments (TI)
    -Chip
    --TSB43AB22 1394a-2000 OHCI PHY/Link-Layer Controller
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
    Creative Labs SB0240 Audigy 2 Platinum 6.1
    Chip: Creative Labs EMU10K2 Audio Chipset (SB Audigy Series)
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_10071102&REV_04
    -Vender
    --Creative Technology, Ltd.
    -Device
    --Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
    -Chip Vender
    --Creative Labs
    -Chip
    --EMU10K2 Audio Chipset (SB Audigy Series)
    -OEM Vender
    --Creative Labs
    -OEM Device
    --SB0240 Audigy 2 Platinum 6.1
    --OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    Creative Labs Audigy 2 Firewire Controller
    Chip: Creative Labs Audigy Series Firewire Controller
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1102&DEV_4001&SUBSYS_00101102&REV_04
    -Vender
    --IEEE 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Vendor
    -Device
    --OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    -Chip Vender
    --Creative Labs
    -Chip
    --Audigy Series Firewire Controller
    -OEM Vender
    --Creative Labs
    -OEM Device
    --Audigy 2 Firewire Controller
    --Creative Game Port
    Creative Labs Audigy Series Gameport
    Chip: Creative Labs Audigy Series Gameport
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00401102&REV_04
    -Vender
    --Creative
    -Device
    --Creative Game Port
    -Chip Vender
    --Creative Labs
    -Chip
    --Audigy Series Gameport
    -OEM Vender
    --Creative Labs
    -OEM Device
    --Audigy Series Gameport
    --Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Chip: Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_11AB&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_811A1043&REV_14
    -Vender
    --Marvell
    -Device
    --Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    -Chip Vender
    --Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Ethernet Controller
    OEM Device from Syskonnect (Schneider & Koch)
    Chip: Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_43401148&REV_12
    -Vender
    --Marvell
    -Device
    --Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Ethernet Controller
    -Chip Vender
    --Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)
    -OEM Vender
    --Syskonnect (Schneider & Koch)
    --Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    OEM Device from Linksys
    Chip: Ralink Technology Corp
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1814&DEV_0201&SUBSYS_00321737&REV_01
    -Vender
    --Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems, Inc.
    -Device
    --Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    -Chip Vender
    --Ralink Technology Corp
    -OEM Vender
    --Linksys
    --Network Controller
    OEM Device from Ralink Technology Corp
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1814&DEV_0201&SUBSYS_25601814&REV_01
    -Device
    --Network Controller
    -Chip Vender
    --Ralink Technology Corp
    -OEM Vender
    --Ralink Technology Corp
    --Network Controller
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_1814&DEV_0201&SUBSYS_FFFFFFFF&REV_01
    -Device
    --Network Controller
    -Chip Vender
    --Ralink Technology Corp
    --JMicron JMB36X Controller
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_81E41043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --JMicron Technology Corp.
    -Device
    --JMicron JMB36X Controller
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
    Chip: Intel Corporation 82801BA/CA/DB/EB/ER (ICH2/3/4/5/5R), 6300ESB Hub Interface to PCI Bridge
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_F2
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -Chip
    --82801BA/CA/DB/EB/ER (ICH2/3/4/5/5R), 6300ESB Hub Interface to PCI Bridge
    --Intel(R) ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810
    Chip: Intel Corporation
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2810&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    --Intel(R) ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2820&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2825&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2830&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2831&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2832&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2834&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2835&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2836&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_283A&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family SMBus Controller - 283E
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_283E&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family SMBus Controller - 283E
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_283F&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2847
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2847&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2847
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 2849
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_2849&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 2849
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    --Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Microsoft
    -Device
    --Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    -OEM Vender
    --ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    --Intel(R) P965/G965 Processor to I/O Controller - 29A0
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_29A0&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) P965/G965 Processor to I/O Controller - 29A0
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    --Intel(R) P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port - 29A1
    Detail
    -PnpID
    --VEN_8086&DEV_29A1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02
    -Vender
    --Intel
    -Device
    --Intel(R) P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port - 29A1
    -Chip Vender
    --Intel Corporation
    --Microsoft Corp. USB Device
    Vender: Microsoft Corp.
    PnpID: VID_045E&PID_0294
    Device: USB Device
    PnpID: VID_045E&PID_0294&MI_00
    PnpID: VID_045E&PID_0294&MI_02
    --Logitech, Inc. Cordless Desktop Optical
    Vender: Logitech, Inc.
    PnpID: VID_046D&PID_C50B
    Device: Cordless Desktop Optical
    PnpID: VID_046D&PID_C50B&MI_00
    PnpID: VID_046D&PID_C50B&MI_01
    --USB Root Hub
    Driver Vender: Microsoft
    PnpID: usb\root_hub
    --USB Composite Device
    PnpID: usb\composite
    --Microsoft Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera
    Driver Vender: Xbox Peripherals
    PnpID: usb\vid_045e&pid_0294
    --Microsoft Xbox 360 Live Vision Security Method 3
    Driver Vender: Xbox Peripherals
    PnpID: usb\vid_045e&pid_0294&mi_02
    --CD-ROM Drive
    PnpID: gencdrom
    --ACPI Multiprocessor PC
    PnpID: acpiapic_mp
    --Disk drive
    PnpID: gendisk
    --Standard floppy disk controller
    PnpID: *pnp0700
    --Primary IDE Channel
    PnpID: primary_ide_channel
    --Secondary IDE Channel
    PnpID: secondary_ide_channel
    --Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard
    Driver Vender: Logitech
    PnpID: hid\vid_046d&pid_c50b&mi_00
    --Media Control Devices
    PnpID: ms_mmmci
    --Video Codecs
    PnpID: ms_mmvid
    --Audio Codecs
    PnpID: ms_mmacm
    --Legacy Video Capture Devices
    PnpID: ms_mmvcd
    --Legacy Audio Drivers
    PnpID: ms_mmdrv
    --Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy
    PnpID: sw\{97ebaacc-95bd-11d0-a3ea-00a0c9223196}
    --Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy
    PnpID: sw\{ddf4358e-bb2c-11d0-a42f-00a0c9223196}
    --Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy
    PnpID: sw\{96e080c7-143c-11d1-b40f-00a0c9223196}
    --Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device
    PnpID: sw\{a7c7a5b0-5af3-11d1-9ced-00a024bf0407}
    --Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler
    PnpID: sw\{eec12db6-ad9c-4168-8658-b03daef417fe}
    --Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer
    PnpID: sw\{b7eafdc0-a680-11d0-96d8-00aa0051e51d}
    --Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller
    PnpID: sw\{4245ff73-1db4-11d2-86e4-98ae20524153}
    --Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer
    PnpID: sw\{6c1b9f60-c0a9-11d0-96d8-00aa0051e51d}
    --Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer
    PnpID: sw\{8c07dd50-7a8d-11d2-8f8c-00c04fbf8fef}
    --Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver
    PnpID: sw\{cd171de3-69e5-11d2-b56d-0000f8754380}
    --Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter
    PnpID: sw\{2f412ab5-ed3a-4590-ab24-b0ce2aa77d3c}
    --ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver
    Driver Vender: ATI Technologies
    PnpID: display\ntativrv01
    --Closed Caption Decoder
    PnpID: sw\{562370a8-f8dd-11d2-bc64-00a0c95ec22e}
    --NABTS/FEC VBI Codec
    PnpID: sw\{07dad662-22f1-11d1-a9f4-00c04fbbde8f}
    --World Standard Teletext Codec
    PnpID: sw\{70bc06e0-5666-11d3-a184-00105aef9f33}
    --BDA Slip De-Framer
    PnpID: sw\{03884cb6-e89a-4deb-b69e-8dc621686e6a}
    --BDA IPSink
    PnpID: sw\{d84d449b-62fb-4ebb-b969-5183ed3dfb51}
    --BDA MPE Filter
    PnpID: sw\{8e60217d-a2ee-47f8-b0c5-0f44c55f66dc}
    --Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter
    PnpID: sw\{cfd669f1-9bc2-11d0-8299-0000f822fe8a}
    --SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio
    Driver Vender: AnalogDevices
    PnpID: hdaudio\func_01&ven_11d4&dev_198b&subsys_104381f6
    --Plug and Play Monitor
    PnpID: *pnp09ff
    --HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    PnpID: hid\vid_046d&pid_c50b&mi_01&col01
    --1394 Net Adapter
    PnpID: v1394\nic1394
    --RAS Async Adapter
    PnpID: sw\{eeab7790-c514-11d1-b42b-00805fc1270e}
    --WAN Miniport (L2TP)
    PnpID: ms_l2tpminiport
    --WAN Miniport (PPTP)
    PnpID: ms_pptpminiport
    --WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
    PnpID: ms_pppoeminiport
    --Direct Parallel
    PnpID: ms_ptiminiport
    --WAN Miniport (IP)
    PnpID: ms_ndiswanip
    --Packet Scheduler Miniport
    PnpID: ms_pschedmp
    --Microsoft TV/Video Connection
    PnpID: sw\{48926476-2cae-4ded-a86e-73ddebed6779}
    --Communications Port
    PnpID: *pnp0501
    --Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator
    PnpID: root\swenum
    --Microcode Update Device
    PnpID: root\update
    --Volume Manager
    PnpID: root\ftdisk
    --Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    PnpID: *pnp0c08
    --System board
    PnpID: *pnp0c01
    --PCI bus
    PnpID: *pnp0a03
    --ACPI Power Button
    PnpID: *pnp0c0c
    --ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    PnpID: acpi\fixedbutton
    --Motherboard resources
    PnpID: *pnp0c02
    --ISAPNP Read Data Port
    PnpID: isapnp\readdataport
    --Programmable interrupt controller
    PnpID: *pnp0000
    --System timer
    PnpID: *pnp0100
    --Direct memory access controller
    PnpID: *pnp0200
    --System speaker
    PnpID: *pnp0800
    --System CMOS/real time clock
    PnpID: *pnp0b00
    --Numeric data processor
    PnpID: *pnp0c04
    --Terminal Server Mouse Driver
    PnpID: root\rdp_mou
    --Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
    PnpID: root\rdp_kbd
    --ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    Driver Vender: ATK
    PnpID: acpi\atk0110
    --Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver
    PnpID: root\mssmbios
    --Floppy disk drive
    PnpID: genfloppydisk
    --Intel Processor
    PnpID: acpi\genuineintel_-_x86
    --USB Video Device
    PnpID: usb\class_0e
    --Generic volume
    PnpID: storage\volume
    --HID-compliant consumer control device
    PnpID: hid_device_up:000c_u:0001
    --HID-compliant device
    PnpID: hid_device
    --Logitech Cordless USB Keyboard
    PnpID: usb\vid_046d&pid_c50b&mi_00
    --Logitech Cordless Dual USB Mouse & iTouch Keys
    PnpID: usb\vid_046d&pid_c50b&mi_01
    edited October 2006
    aaman4567 wrote:
    ...Im pretty sure i have the master and slave cables hooked up right, if i dont get the dvd drive working its ok, i just want the computer to run fine...
    You need to be sure. A problem like that could lead to all sorts of errors. make sure it's right now and get that potential source of trouble out of the way.
    ...i got a message when i booted up the computer today that the cpu fan was messing up, it usually runs at around 1800 rpm but for some reason it was running at 750 rpm, i restarted the computer a couple of times and then it work...
    Does your BIOS have any Cool and Quiet or CPU/Cpu Fan or noise reduction type crap in it? If so, disable it.
    ...lkkkkkkkkkkkled wow now my kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkey is messin up wow. why do all the bad things have to happen to me its likkkkkkkkkkke god hates me.
    Try cleaning it out. Use another keyboard for right now if you have one available.
  • edited October 2006
    yea i cleaned it, imade the things easier to read so i hope that helped, how do i konw if im sure of the master and slave, i know i have it connected right but is there a switch or something in bios that i have to do to activate it?
  • edited October 2006
    It's sounding more and more like a bad motherboard.... but just for the heck of it swap the PowerSupply...

PS: The MASTER should be at the END of the cable... Regardless remove the dvd drive... swap the ps if you have another one to swap and see if it fixes your problems.

Try to note how "long" after a COLD boot (ALL POWER removed from unit) it takes for error messages to appear.

Another place to look (and it may not be related) is to make sure there is thermal paste between the cpu and the heatsink. On the machine I'm typing on now it was doing all kinds of strange things, and once I scrapped off the old compound and re-applied it's rock soild.

PS: Yes there are settings in the bios for the drives...
  • edited October 2006
    thanks guys, i got windows activated lol now just the rest of the computer to work on lol. How can it be a bad mother board(im not saying ur wrong, its just that Its not used or anything, its new.............do alot of new motherboards end up bad?) I tried a new power supply and it didnt really change anything either. im pretty sure theres thermal paste, when i put the fan over the cpu it had this gray clay suff on it that went onto the cpu and fan.
  • edited October 2006
    Just because it's "new" doesn't mean it's "good"...

Do allot of "new" XYZ's go bad?

Most electronics are DOA, or fail within 30 days.... If it's still working after 30 days it will more than likely last several years till heat and age , or a lighting strike /pwoer surge takes it toll.

Don't assume because it was bought "new" that it's perfect....
  • edited October 2006
    k, ill return it and see what happens