Will Windows XP games still be able to run on Vista???

maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
edited October 2007 in Science & Tech
hey everyone,
i have been wondering whether or not games that were made to run on XP still be able to run on Windows Vista. Like for instance of BF2 etc etc which are made for XP, will they still work on Vista???
thanks

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Depends on the game really, I think a good majority will work with Vista though.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    From what I am seeing, most games seem to work. Some have a few "issues" during installation or launching however.

You can see certain games at http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited November 2006
    thanks for your link there, Jared...seems that most games i am interested in
    will work on Vista...:thumbsup:
  • NYCDrewNYCDrew NYC(duh)
    edited November 2006
    From what I've read, Microsoft made great efforts for Vista to be compatible with prior operating systems and programs. This may be the last MS operating system to do so. Future OS may not be leagcy compatible to cut down on bloated code.
  • edited August 2007
    Hello, I am new to this forum and i was wondering.... Will warcraft frozen throne and chaos region(for the xp) work on windows vista? I am wondering this because I am thinking of buying a new laptop and i want warcraft to work on it so i need to know.(this may decide what kind of computer i get)

Thanks, IneedHelp.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Yes, they'll work.
  • edited August 2007
    Thank you very much!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    ..seems that most games i am interested in
    will work on Vista...:thumbsup:
    Be aware though, that if you "upgrading" to Vista on an existing WinXP machine, the game performance may go down. In general, Vista requires higher performance hardware than does XP.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited August 2007
    I think what you have in your laptop will be more of an issue than Vista. If games are important to you, you may want to consider one with decent graphics capability.
  • edited October 2007
    ok well with the graphics thing does it really matter if its a bit poorer quallity??? and do you know if dungeon keeper will work on Vista???
    :D
  • edited October 2007
    like will this graphics card do?

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I dunno wat it is but its off the laptop im getting:)