Glow Effect

edited November 2006 in Internet & Media
I was wondering if there was a way to make links glow on mouseover without the use of software, using just like a script or something? I searched a round a bit and was unable to find anything, software or script to accomplish this

:headbange

Comments

• mondimondi Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    jludt wrote:
    I was wondering if there was a way to make links glow on mouseover without the use of software, using just like a script or something? I searched a round a bit and was unable to find anything, software or script to accomplish this

:headbange

Basically what you need to do swap in a new image that has the glow built in when a mouseover is detected, and swap in the original on mouseout .. like this:

http://www.groan-zone.net/jscript/mouseover.html

Just replace the images with the effect you want..

If its text links you're after then it could get a little more complicated ..

M
  • edited November 2006
    mondi wrote:
    Basically what you need to do swap in a new image that has the glow built in when a mouseover is detected, and swap in the original on mouseout .. like this:

http://www.groan-zone.net/jscript/mouseover.html

Just replace the images with the effect you want..

If its text links you're after then it could get a little more complicated ..

M

Thanks for the speedy reply. and of course it is text links I am after
    :type:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    The problem you're gonna have with this is that it's not very cross-browser compatible.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Yes, the glow effect is IE-only. And frankly, I put glow up there with the blink tag in terms of annoying HTML.
  • edited November 2006
    Kwitko wrote:
    And frankly, I put glow up there with the blink tag in terms of annoying HTML.

lol. alrighty then I guess that pretty much answers my question. ix-nay on the glow-ay