How to Run Four Displays from One Computer?

edited November 2006 in Hardware
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this so please let me know.

I just purchased a p5b deluxe/wifi and am trying to put 4 monitors on it. I'm a photographer and would like to use three monitors for work and have a projector hooked up to the last slot for client presentations.

I bought two msi 7600gs 512 graphics cards both with dual dvi. The computer seems to recognize both and they both look to be installed correctly. In the nvidia control panel I can select the second card and it sees the 3rd monitor (4th isn't hooked up yet). However, most of the options on the control panel are not accessible on the second card and I have yet to be able to see anything on the screen.

I downloaded ultramon from realtimesoft which is supposed to help run the 4 screens since nvidia won't let more then 2 span... but that doesn't seem to help.

Is this kind of setup even possible on this mobo? I know the second pciexpress slot is only x4 or x8? but I don't know what that means in application.

I'm not running any games and don't need any extra performance boost of any kind, just 4 monitors.

Thanks in advance,

Mischa

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Mr. Mischa, I moved your post here, where it now stands as its own thread. It should receive more focused attention now. I hope we find the answer for you.