What has Adobe done?!

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Internet & Media
Appearently their new Photoshop CS will incorporate similar methods as Windows XP Home, in which you must activate it on one PC, and not be able to use it on any other.

Sure it is to keep it from being passed around like a street girl, but it still sucks :(

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    What has Adobe done?!

Added 19 hours to the warez release date.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited October 2003
    Thrax had this to say
    What has Adobe done?!

Added 19 hours to the warez release date.

;D;D;D;D

Note to self: Wait an additional 19 hours before "trying" the new version of Photoshop :crazy:;D
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited October 2003
    Ya... it was so hard to get around activating windows xp. Oh boy :( now photoshop

psych.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited October 2003
    Al, it's not hard at all. I do have legal licenses for all of my computers, but I never activate them. Why? Because I reinstall so often that it's not worth it. By the time it has to be activated, I'll have reinstalled it at least once. ;D
  • maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited October 2003
    They just have to knock the price down and it will be alright. When Corel charged a huge sum for an upgrade (I think it was about 800$ bucks) to Draw!, the switch to PS was massive. Corel never recovered.

I've seen a lot of people with Jasc PSP installed, since most people don't need that level of software at that cost.