New system running terrible :(

PaulPaul Member
edited December 2006 in Hardware
System specs are:
Athlon 64 3500+
Abit nforce 570 ultra
1gb X 2 G.Skill pc26400
BFG 7900 GS

When I first tried to install Windows Xp it would only install the minimal things and wouldn't run right, almost like running in safe mode. So I changed the install type to "ACPI PC", and then it installed correctly.

Thought I had everything running well until I played CSS and only got 15-20fps on lowest settings :(

I also have newest Nforce chipset drivers and video card drivers

Here are some screens:

2mn4.jpg
1gw6.jpg
3gf2.jpg

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Have you updated the chipset and graphics drivers with the latest ones from the manufacturer? The Windows stock drivers are generally quite stable, but usually nowhere near optimal for performance. :)
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited December 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Have you updated the chipset and graphics drivers with the latest ones from the manufacturer? The Windows stock drivers are generally quite stable, but usually nowhere near optimal for performance. :)

I have installed them both, but as seen in the picture windows thinks that it's driver is better and won't let me replace them
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Have you tried installing/uninstalling drivers in Safe Mode?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    Paul wrote:
    I have installed them both, but as seen in the picture windows thinks that it's driver is better and won't let me replace them
    If it's giving you that "STOP- This driver has not been digitally signed..." business, just ignore it and click on "Continue Anyway".
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited December 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Have you tried installing/uninstalling drivers in Safe Mode?

I think I got the system runninbg fine, unless you guys think I should try this. Is this what your guys device manager looks like under the System part, too?