New Monitor requirements

edited December 2006 in Hardware
I need a new monitor with the only requirements being at least 19" and it needs a headphone jack. Any ideas?

Comments

• jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited December 2006
    found this 1 with HPH jack (along with integrated ipod) hope this somewhat helps :)http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=232521
  • edited December 2006
    Nice monitor! Just have to wait for it to come down in price now! Thanks!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    So, is your approach going to be best 19" LCD for X dollars? If so, what is your budget. Need to know more, or we'll be on a wild goose chase.
  • edited December 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    So, is your approach going to be best 19" LCD for X dollars? If so, what is your budget. Need to know more, or we'll be on a wild goose chase.
    I was looking at a budget of £150 but guess I'm gonna have to pay a little more. It needs a headphone jack though because A, I don't have one in my PC and B, it's a useful feature anyway!
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited December 2006
    Paulfcb wrote:
    I was looking at a budget of £150 but guess I'm gonna have to pay a little more. It needs a headphone jack though because A, I don't have one in my PC and B, it's a useful feature anyway!

Apologies in advance for my remark but,

It sounds more like a calculator you have there rather than a PC.

It is the the 21st century you know.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    A headphone jack is the front channel speaker jack on most computers, Paul.
    edited December 2006
    That's correct Thrax. It seems he hasn't checked the specifications of the ports/jacks on his machine properly. On some desktops the jack in the front is behind a small flap near the base, which will also reveal 2 USB ports if you open it.
  • edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    A headphone jack is the front channel speaker jack on most computers, Paul.
    To be honest I think my PC has got a headphone jack but it doesn't seem to work. Thought it'd be easier if I just bought a monitor with a jack in it.
    edited December 2006
    I think you might be able to get the headphone jack of your computer working if you have a look inside and check the motherboard to see if the front panel audio cable is connected to the relevant connector of the motherboard.
    If it isn't you'll probably find that the connector on the motherboard ix covered with jumper caps which you would have to remove and then plug in the front audio cable.
    Once the audio cable is connected the headphone jack in the front of your PC should also be functional.
    You'll need to have your motherboard's manual handy to help you find the precise location of the connector that the audio cable should be connected to.