Question about dual-layer dvds

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited December 2006 in Internet & Media
hey guys, i have a fairly old built in DVD player in my tv... its about 4 years old. Now here ois the question. I just made DL dvds (appx 7gigs or so) and they play fine on my computer, yet, the dvd in my tv says incorrect disc. Does anyone have an idea why or what i did wrong?
Thank you

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Older DVD players sometimes have problems with recordable discs. It's also possible the disc wasn't finished.
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited December 2006
    good chance your dvd player doesn't support that disc. It could be that brand of disc, or just recorded DL discs in general. Do regular burned dvd's work in the player?
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    yea, regular 4.7's work in the dvd player without a problem. However, aren't most dvds that come out now dual layer by nature?
    -also the disc was definatly finished. I used nero and it said that "disc has now been successfully completed"

but correct me if I am wrong, its basically because the DVD player is a smidge outdated, so newer dvd players should have no problem playing these
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    that's an awesome link. However, i can't figure out how to tell which dvd is in my tv, its called an i'art..thats as much as i know. Also, that site doesnt seem to have a column for DL DVD compatibility

*EDIT* i see where it says dvd-dl compatibility...its my LCD screen it tends to be a bit bright so faded out stuff doesnt really pop out..

however, how do companies make DVDs which are huge in size? Don't they need to use DL technology too. And if they do, what makes a recorded dl so much different than a "real" dl

PS: I found my tv model (JVC AV-20FD23 on the site, and apparently, no one knows what works with it and what doesn't)
    at any rate, does anyone know a good media to use if i wanna play dl on a ps2