Right Angle SATA cables

danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
edited December 2006 in Hardware
Does it matter which direction these cables are connected, or does the right angle have to be connected to the motherboard?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    The right angle is technically supposed to go to the hard drive, but it doesn't matter in the slightest.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    SATA cables are not like 80-wire IDE cables. You can attach either end to the motherboard.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited December 2006
    Supposedly, the right angle cable doesn't fit on WD hard drives, according to one reviewer of the EPoX MF570-SLI, but I'll have to see that for myself since I intend on purchasing two Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KS 500GB drives for RAID 0 and one Western Digital Caviar RE WD1600YS 160GB drive for main C:\ drive
    The SATA cables that are included make you use the L shaped ends on the board due to them not fitting on the WD HD (might be minus on the HD side). This makes it so you can't use SATA 1, 2. You'd have to go to 3 or another.

For RAID 0, would it be better to place the two 500GB drives on the JMicron controller, or the nVidia controller on the EPoX MF570-SLI?
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited December 2006
    --BUMP--
    That question should apply to any motherboard with eSATA, shouldn't it?