LCD Stuck pixel

edited December 2006 in Hardware
Alright guys, i've had my monitor for a month now, and everything was fine until 2 days ago, a pixel got stuck in the middle of my screen. On blue you can see it, on green you can see it, and on white you can see it. But on Red its not there, and on black i cant tell if its there or not, because i cant see 1 red pixel on black =\ so im pretty sure its a stuck pixel. I've tried the flashing video for like 9 hours and it didnt do anything. Any other idea's on how to fix it? Its a bit annoying :rant:

Thanks,
Flamez

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I've read about massaging stuck pixels. I can't vouch for its success, though.
  • edited December 2006
    I was going to try that, but what if it makes more stuck pixels, or dead pixels?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    That's the risk I read about. I guess just be reaaaaaaaaaaally careful!;D
  • edited December 2006
    guess i'll be trying that, probably on the weekend though, anyone else have any other ideas to fixing it?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I've had to do it a few times to several LCD's... some of them don't go away, others do. Depends on how bad it is.
  • edited December 2006
    do you massage it with the screen on, or off, and with a bare finger? or something else. also, how much pressure do you put on the screen?

Thanks

edit: also, will it just pop away? or will it slowly go away or something.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Here's some good info.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

I have had some success with the software method.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    What's the stuck pixel policy from the place where you bought it? If it's only a month old I would be very sure of your warranty rights before doing anything. :)
  • edited December 2006
    The company that made the monitor doenst have anything on their sites, or anywhere else i can see about stick pixel policy's. I plan to take it back to the store i bought it from if i cannot fix it, as i have until january 8th to do so.
  • edited December 2006
    what RWB said, sometimes it works othertimes it doesnt.

You do need a fair amount of pressure, I seemed to have most luck squashing em out with a thumb. Sometimes tapping the screen near the pixel will work too, try both.
  • edited December 2006
    Any idea why it seems like it doesnt show up on black, aswell as red? Its like a dead/stuck hybrid, its quite annoying, i've tried poking it, squishing it till my screen turned all funny colors, poking it while turning the monitor on, tapping around it, squishing around it, squishing while turning monitor on till funny colors, nothing! aaarrrgg:rant:
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Did you try a software exerciser like http://www.dps.uk.com/freeware_DTP.htm

They have more luck this way than physically bumping it.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited December 2006
    Flamez wrote:
    Alright guys, i've had my monitor for a month now, and everything was fine until 2 days ago, a pixel got stuck in the middle of my screen. On blue you can see it, on green you can see it, and on white you can see it. But on Red its not there, and on black i cant tell if its there or not, because i cant see 1 red pixel on black =\ so im pretty sure its a stuck pixel. I've tried the flashing video for like 9 hours and it didnt do anything. Any other idea's on how to fix it? Its a bit annoying :rant:

Thanks,
    Flamez

What color is it when it is on Blue and Green? Is it still red?
  • edited December 2006
    Yea, its red on both green, and blue, aswell as on white, but only black its black? and on red its red.
    edited December 2006
    I would imagine that the red pixel of the triad is stuck on, but it might flip off when its black.
  • edited December 2006
    its evil, i've tried those flashing movies, i've tired the dlp program, nothing worked, i poked it real hard too, didnt work =(.

Time to take the monitor back and get a new one, and hope that ones not broken too?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Here on my work monitor I have a red pixel, nothing fixes it as well... it;s only read on white though, I never notice it if watching a video or something. 99% I see when viewing websites with lots of white space like this one.

hrm... now that I am thinking about it... seems like it's gone all of a sudden... someone must have changed the monitor on me :P
  • edited December 2006
    mines also hard to see on most backgrounds, but whenever im doing anythign on white like coding, its there, staring at me, and laughing at me! :nudge:
    edited December 2006
    Flamez wrote:
    its evil, i've tried those flashing movies, i've tired the dlp program, nothing worked, i poked it real hard too, didnt work =(.

Time to take the monitor back and get a new one, and hope that ones not broken too?

Unfortunately, most warranties and return policies state that there must be at least 8-10 stuck pixels for you to return it. Since you have 1, they probably won't let you return it.
  • edited December 2006
    I purchased the toshiba laptop a month. Today, I noticed a stuck pixel on the far right of the screen. I ran almost all the so-called stuck pixel removal softwares, but nothing has worked. I finally decided to use the physical method of removal ( applying pressure), and it seems to be working, the pixel has begun to shrink, although it takes of lot massaging, but this is the only solution. Toshiba does have the pixel policy, which clearly states that any repair or replacement will be done after 4 stuck or dead pixels.

I have read some posts where a mere tap or rubbing for 15 seconds on the screen has worked, but for some, like me, the pixel removal is taking a much longer time.

Remember, not to put too much pressure, as it will cause for more pixels to be stuck.