Overclocking tad much!

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited December 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys,

I was overclocking the other day and everything was going great when I froze the comp. It would power up and then just sit there and wont post. Pulled the power and then the battery and then the jumper. Left for about 10 hours and then tried again. Still the same problem. I have tried everything to try and get it to work. Pulled everything out except the ram, cpu, and harddrive. Still nothing. No beeps, nothing. Tried pulling the cpu and reinstalling but to no avail. :scratch:

Any help is welcome guys, thanks
PC specs are below

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Radio91P wrote:
    Hey guys,

I was overclocking the other day and everything was going great when I froze the comp. It would power up and then just sit there and wont post. Pulled the power and then the battery and then the jumper. Left for about 10 hours and then tried again. Still the same problem. I have tried everything to try and get it to work. Pulled everything out except the ram, cpu, and harddrive. Still nothing. No beeps, nothing. Tried pulling the cpu and reinstalling but to no avail. :scratch:

Any help is welcome guys, thanks
    PC specs are below

I would try another PSU first. If the PSU is eliminated as the culprit, then the next candidate is motherboard. Similar problem happened to me a couple of times before and either PSU or motherboard replacement solved the problem. So, I do not think your CPU or RAM is damaged. Good luck !!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Mirage is right on target. It's most likely the PSU or motherboard. I would bet the motherboard bit the dust. My first thought was that you might have burned out mosfets on the motherboard.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited December 2006
    Alright thanks guys,

I will try another PSU. I am getting new RAM anyway and will find out soon enough. Blowing the mosfets should not effect the warranty with ASUS should it?

Thanks,

Radio91P
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Not really. There's no way to tell that you aced your mobo.