building my own computer; no beeps; no video; help needed!

ahsenjafferahsenjaffer Lansdale, PA
edited August 2007 in Hardware
---problem fixed

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Good! Please tell us how you resolved the problem. The explanation could be very useful for others who might experience the same problem.

Did you have the wires oriented wrong on the pins at the speaker-on/off-HDD light section?
  • ahsenjafferahsenjaffer Lansdale, PA
    edited January 2007
    My symptom was that the Motherboard seemed to have power, cpu fan ran, there was a green LED on Motherboard lit up, but no beep and no video.

I tried all things I found on the forums, disconnected all hardwares, disconnected CMOS, but nothing helped.

After I posted my question on the forums I was just going over the hardware documentations, and I discovered that I had overlooked one document that came with my mother board! (I had followed the motherboard installation steps from the document that came with the mini tower instead.)

Long story...the problem was a 2x2 power cable was not connected to the mother board. I had connected the 2x12 power cable only. My mini tower documentation only talked about the 2x12 power cable.

So the lesson is to always read ALL the documentations.

I hope this will help someone else avoid the mistake I made.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    My symptom was that the Motherboard seemed to have power, cpu fan ran, there was a green LED on Motherboard lit up, but no beep and no video.

I tried all things I found on the forums, disconnected all hardwares, disconnected CMOS, but nothing helped.

After I posted my question on the forums I was just going over the hardware documentations, and I discovered that I had overlooked one document that came with my mother board! (I had followed the motherboard installation steps from the document that came with the mini tower instead.)

Long story...the problem was a 2x2 power cable was not connected to the mother board. I had connected the 2x12 power cable only. My mini tower documentation only talked about the 2x12 power cable.

Thankyou for the follow up ahsenjaffer. I'm sure this will help someone else researching the same issue in the future. :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks dude... I had the exact same problem and couldn't figure it out at all. I bought multiple rams from bestbuy thinking it might be ram incompatibility and was on the verge or returning the mobo thinking the mobo was faulty. I registered in this forum just so that I can thank you. You saved me some $$$ and time.