Help, Please, SLOW Gaming

edited January 2007 in Hardware
just got battle for middle earth 2 my pc play 1 ok and good but on 2 very slow l have ageforce fx 5200 card and a k8m800-m2 motherboard amd processor 3000. and 512 of ram
but game play slow and on low

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Be sure all non-gaming applications i.e. yahoo messenger, MSN messenger, etc are turned off. I cannot tell you how many gamers have such items on. I do see one very important item from your post only 512 memory, ouch! I have learned 1gig was the bare minimum few years ago. If you can afford it Bump to 1gig of matching memory
  • edited January 2007
    RXRanger wrote:
    Be sure all non-gaming applications i.e. yahoo messenger, MSN messenger, etc are turned off. I cannot tell you how many gamers have such items on. I do see one very important item from your post only 512 memory, ouch! I have learned 1gig was the bare minimum few years ago. If you can afford it Bump to 1gig of matching memory

if l get more ram like 512 and one more 512 take it up to 1gig will my graphic be ok and my pc take ddr is all ddr the same
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2007
    The geforce fx 5200 card is horrible, I know because I had one in my secondary rig (until it died last week) and I wouldn't even think of trying to play a modern game on it.

Upgrade the RAM and get a better video card and I'll bet your situation improves. :)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Make sure you have the latest video drivers for your card.
  • edited January 2007
    Yes more memory with a great video card and be sure if you bump the card the PSU that will run it. PSU aka Power Supply Unit. With latest games one gig of memory is the ut-most minium you will needed to run smooth along with again great video card. And a FYI if you opt to the new Vista OS this system requires 1 gig of memory just to run the OS by its self. Good luck man!
  • edited January 2007
    hi and thank you for youer help how and were can l up date my card went on there web page but can not fine the geforce fx 5200 driver can same one help me get them and how
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2007
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Being a huge BFME Series guy, and working with the game under many types of settings and cards, the 5200 will run slow no matter what.

I run http://mevault.ign.com & http://www.bfmetournaments.com ...

I personally ran BFME1 & BFME2 on a PC with a 5200 and well let just say I had the same problems, these rigs all had 1.5GB of Ram so your improvement in that aspect will not increase much.

512MB of Ram and a new Graphics card will run the game pretty good...
  • edited January 2007
    what card will l get
    edited January 2007
    Well from the looks of it you have an AGP slot, so we can start with that.

K8M800-M2.jpg

The main question is, how much are you willing or can you spend to purchase a new graphics card?
  • edited January 2007
    $150.00
    edited January 2007
    Nvidia 7 Series AGP Cards

7300GS - Low Range- $84 - $125
    7600GS - Mid Range - $120 - $214
    7800GS - High Range - $199 - $269

Nvidia 6 Series AGP Cards

6200A - Very Low Range- $37 - $80
    6600GT - Semi Mid Range - $85 - $$140 "If you can find one"
    6800XT - Mid Range - $99 - $140

I made bold the best Bang for your buck....

The 7600GT is much better than a 7600GS, in most cases you will get a 50% increase in core clock speed.

Link to Card
  • edited January 2007
    ok pick one for me l will get it on saturday
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I made bold the best Bang for your buck....
    7600GS. I have one of those in one of my computers. It's a mid-range card with attitude! You shouldn't have to spend more than $150 for it, at least online.
    edited January 2007
    modeldrive wrote:
    ok pick one for me l will get it on saturday
    Let us know how it improves your gaming :)
  • edited January 2007
    ok let see just stop playing bfme 1 5200 so good on this game but when l play 2 so slow