Ti-84 Programs

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited January 2007 in Internet & Media
So I just got my 84 Silver, and I got it mostly for Chem class. It has the periodic table and such, but an empirical formula calculator/stoiciometry calc can be helpful sometimes, but all the programs I find require a graphlink cable, and the one I bought with the calculator is the wrong one, so does anyone know of a website that offers the actual code so I can manually enter it in for this app, as well as others.

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    www.ticalc.org

did you buy the silver usb cable? I have a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition and a TI-89. I use the usb cable for the TI-84, but I also have the cable that plugs into the TRS connector for my TI-89. I say just go buy the other cable, but you should be able to transfer programs with the USB cable.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2007
    Been there but I can't seem to find the source codes; only the downloads.
    edited January 2007
    What do you mean the source code, with the assembly programs that is the source. Assembly is a low level language. I have never had a problem opening a program and editing it. You are being a little bit vague.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2007
    We have AdSense now? Ill hit you on AIM air.
    edited January 2007
    We've always had ads, but they are bugging me on the left hand side. I'm hoping that this is a clerical error.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    So I just got my 84 Silver, and I got it mostly for Chem class. It has the periodic table and such, but an empirical formula calculator/stoiciometry calc can be helpful sometimes
    Ouch, you make me feel old, Airborn. I had a 'high tech' Texas Instruments calculator in high school. It was something like TI-3.11 or TI-Sinclair. I thought it was hot stuff! But then, 30 years from now people will laugh at the 84. They'll have little watch-sized calculators to which you merely ask questions. Heck, the calculator will probably even give you pretests for exams to check your readiness!
    edited January 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Ouch, you make me feel old, Airborn. I had a 'high tech' Texas Instruments calculator in high school. It was something like TI-3.11 or TI-Sinclair. I thought it was hot stuff! But then, 30 years from now people will laugh at the 84. They'll have little watch-sized calculators to which you merely ask questions. Heck, the calculator will probably even give you pretests for exams to check your readiness!

lol. I like my TI-89 a whole lot better than the 84. and the 89 is older than the 84 plus silver edition that I have. They are really nice in trig, calculus, and physics. When my dad was in college he had something called a slide rule. My grand dad had a calculator but all it did was the primitive mathematics function like add subtract and multiply. And he was a petroleum engineer. My dad still uses a slide rule at the concrete plant because I guess they figure cubes really quickly...:eek3:
  • edited January 2007
    i used to write lots of programs for an 83. it's handy stuff for running through big equations in a hurry. my 83 came with an overview of whatever PL they use in the owner's manual, it was very basic and you could incorporate the built-in calculator functions in the language. whatever you download to the calculator will be the source code, you don't really download binaries for those programs.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I remember feeling like hot **** because I could program in the quadratic formula into my 83.

Although, too many people rely on calculators for integrals these days - my roommate had trouble understanding that if you integrate a cosine or sine over it's period, the answer is zero.
    edited January 2007
    quadratic formula saves your ass!
  • ThermalfishThermalfish Melbourne, Australia
    edited January 2007
    mmm TI.

My first PC was a TI99-4/A

mmmm delicious old school
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Wow... I can't believe the Ti84 is still around, I'd have figured those would be ancient today. My mom got a Ti96 back when I was in high school. Looked like a game boy it was great. I had the Ti 83 though, I remember coding in all the programs by hand that I found online(like mech war) because I didn't have a link cable either. It's been too long though...