best case and motherboard

sim2340sim2340 Bisley,Woking,Surrey
edited January 2007 in Hardware
I have a presscott 3.6GHZ CPU and i want to OC it to at least 4.0GHZ my current motherboard from Advent does not allow OC. And also my computer would catch fire with my below average cooling system if OC to 4.0GHZ Lol.
i am wondering the best case for great cooling i am looking for a hi tech looking one with blue neon .ect. for about $100 $200 and a good OC motherboard for around $50 $100

Any sugestions?

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2007
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I have that case, I love it. So much airflow, and the ability to add even more if the 4 stock fans aren't enough for you. Are you looking to upgrade your prescott at any point in the near future? If so, I'd spend some extra on the board and get one that will have proper support for the Quad core Intel cpu's.
    Something with the Intel 975x or the Nvidia 680i chipset.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    fatcat6 wrote:
    ...i like this one...
    Oooooooooo, pretty....
  • sim2340sim2340 Bisley,Woking,Surrey
    edited January 2007
    yes thanks for the info. I have always liked the look of this case :)
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    sim,

The amount of heat and energy that cpu lets out, i would really suggest that you save up another $100 and get a Core 2 Duo and a Asus P5B if you already have DDR2 ram. You'll get a lot much more performance out of it too. I know it doesn't answer your question, but just as a heads up. Case looks stellar though :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I have that case, I love it. So much airflow
    I looked at that case a couple weeks ago at CompUSA. From appearances it would seem to be the best cooling case in stock configuration available. What gave me reservations was the large fan port at the top of the case. What's the noise level of that beast? Depending on where the case is located, that large top opening could be a sound beacon right at the users head. Am I wrong?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Leo, the 200mm fan at the top of the case is quieter than the 120mm fans. All of the fans in the case have a low/med/high switch for rpm's also. Honestly I can hear my hard drives over any of the fans.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Awesome. That has just got to be a cooling monster.

I'll have to watch CompUSA for sales. I picked up my Super Lanboys for $3X each, maybe next that "Nine Hundred."