Lost a big farm today

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2007 in Folding@Home
Sorry guys, it was a six year run at this particular client's shop, but today one of their new employees decided that F@H "slowed her computer down too much" and no amount of technical explanation would satisfy her.

I'm losing approximately 20 machines that range from P4 2.2ghz to 3.2ghz. :-/

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Ignorance is bliss. :\
  • edited February 2007
    Intolerance makes me sick, especially when it is based on false concerns :rolleyes2
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Some other "techie" came in there and said "Oh, this FAH thing is 'eating up' 100% of your CPU. There's your problem" :rolleyes:
  • edited February 2007
    Some other "techie" came in there and said "Oh, this FAH thing is 'eating up' 100% of your CPU. There's your problem" :rolleyes:
    :banghead:
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    That sucks :sad2:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Sorry to hear about.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Some other "techie", who is apparently either too stupid or too lazy to actually check something out before passing judgment on it. :shakehead
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    profdlp wrote: »
    Some other "techie", who is apparently either too stupid or too lazy to actually check something out before passing judgment on it. :shakehead
    Agreed.... Lazy. Sounds like my boss.:rolleyes2
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited February 2007
    Sorry guys, it was a six year run at this particular client's shop, but today one of their new employees decided that F@H "slowed her computer down too much" and no amount of technical explanation would satisfy her.

I'm losing approximately 20 machines that range from P4 2.2ghz to 3.2ghz. :-/

Would it not be possible to get the the client to allow F@H on all the other PC's - except the one who moaned
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Nope, she's the office manager, and is "in charge" of the equipment. She wins.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited February 2007
    Shame on her
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Hehe ...now show her that "System Idle Processes" is chewing up 100% of her cpu!!!
  • edited February 2007
    csimon wrote: »
    Hehe ...now show her that "System Idle Processes" is chewing up 100% of her cpu!!!

;D
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited February 2007

I would love to have that ID 10 T techie over here to see what you can do with 2 instances of F@H running along with WinAmp in the background and AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 burning a stack of DVD-R's for one of my clients. This guy is so dumb I'm not even going to use any smilies for once. Keep up the great work prime - was a great run!! Jack

Youth- ages; Immaturiy- is outgrown; Ignorance- can be educated; Drunkenness- Sobered...But Stupid- lasts Forever! 'Aristophonies' ...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    csimon wrote: »

S-M Byte time! ;D;D;D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2007
    Sorry to hear Brian. I can only imagine your frustration.