Sm4

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited February 2007 in Folding@Home
SM4 will be down while I transfer the parts to a new case, install a new HD, and reinstall the OS. I'm going to start after dinner and hopefully she'll be back up tonight.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Go get 'em, tiger. :ninja:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I successfully transplanted the mobo, PSU, and HD into the new case. The bad news is that the CPU fan just bit the dust. Literally. I can't believe it lasted as long as it did.

So she'll be down for the night. :( The closest computer place closes in less than a half hour, so I'll have to grab a heatsink/fan combo tomorrow from the office.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Update: I looked around and found a craptastic fan. It sounds like a Harley-Davidson, but it should last until I bring home the other fan tomorrow.
    edited February 2007
    Kwitko wrote: »
    ...It sounds like a Harley-Davidson...
    Pay the neighbors back for their late-night partying. ;D
    edited February 2007
    Moot point. Can't get F@H to install properly. Going to try again tomorrow.
    edited February 2007
    I tried installing Debian. Screw it, I'm going with my tried and true distro: Slackware. I'll be back up and running tomorrow night.
    edited February 2007
    Steviepoo, do we have any spare Socket 462 compatible heatsink/fan combos in the parts bin? I cannot seem to find the one I thought I had at the office. I'm fairly certain the Harley-Davidson will last another week, but not much after that.

Installing Slackware tonight. Screw Debian.
    edited February 2007
    Kwitko wrote: »
    Steviepoo, do we have any spare Socket 462 compatible heatsink/fan combos in the parts bin?...
    If by "compatible" you mean that it will fit on the board, the answer is yes. If by "compatible" you mean "good", then maybe. I have several rigs here on my test bench with 80mm fans wire-tied to the HS because the fan bit the dust. (Literally, in some cases. :eek3: )

Let me see what I can rustle up. :)
    edited February 2007
    I <3 Steve. I don't blame him. :)

P.S. I got F@H to run on Linux. It automatically starts up at boot. Cool beans.