Steady as she goes!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Community
Apologies for the technical difficulties over the past couple hours; as I understand it there was a problem with the timeserver. Thanks for your patience! :)

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    He's back in full swing.

Sincerest apologies, we just had "one of those damn days" :(
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    << was having with drawls as shorty knows! I still got my shots in at shorty even tho it was not on the site !
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    It's sure good to be back. You guys had me worried for a while. Now I feel the need to post like crazy. I guess you could call it a s-m jones! ;)
    edited October 2003
    We just had to futz with the time and someone (not me!) got a bit over cautious with the settings..

ooops ;D

All sorted now though.

Thanks for -tk (who loves that datacenter and cellphone calls from me :D)
    edited October 2003
    It's time for some much needed upgrading to the server :)

At 9pm GMT (or there about's), we are going to take the site offline for a few hours to do a bunch of work that will put some more power into the place.

Holding pages will be up and it shouldn't take any more than a few hours, please bare with us while we get things 110% back on track :)

In the meantime, don't forget our friendly neighbours AMDmb are happy to let you lurk their forums and BuiestCreek will be having his usual TOP quality keg party (he bought in just incase).

We will be asap :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    It weren't me!
  • edited October 2003
    So I guess that will be around 3 pm central standard time, huh?

I don't know why they gave you Brits the Prime Meridian. After all, our navy is bigger than yours.:wave::crazy:;D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Seems to be moving faster today than it has for the past couple of weeks!
    edited October 2003
    primesuspect had this to say
    It weren't me!

You were instigater :ninja:
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    No..no..no... :shakehead
    you can't go off line again.
    I just now got back in here for the first time since last night. ;D
    edited October 2003
    I know, it's such a tough choice.. but after all the work we did to get a stable site, we want it to stay that way _and_ perform to it's true capablity :D
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Then again, it might have had to do with a PM I sent Prime on the 26th or 27th-- webserver time went from an hour earlier than me to an hour LATER than me overnight when the Daylight Time cancellation to Standard time happened (that night, early on the 26th). My Linux box HATES it when I change time more than an hour per setting instance, it thinks the clock went wonky. So, since it happens twice a year I am happy I USUALLY remember which way to reset the time for Daylight tiem and Standard time.

Funny how things like folding and webservers HATE on-the-fly time changes, isn't it??? How would you feel if you were suddenly duplicate stamping things that your little code head said should be LATER by an hour(not an insult, pretend you are a server that suddenly finds itself duplicate entering times and is coded NOT to, possibly for security reasons-- crash)????

John.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I think my brain is going to explode after reading Ageek's post. ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    It was a hardware problem, not software...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Short-Media was down...Too long...Morning...Ruined.

/me twitches violently then hugs his monitor
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Thrax needs to get out more. Why not put the "Hypnotic Eyebrow" to good use and seduce some of the lovely ladies of Michigan?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I was in school for god sakes. S-M is all I do first and second hour.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited October 2003
    I actually never noticed the site was down, he he, at least not until my bro emailed me demanding an explanation for why the site wasn't working! I was under the hood of another PC at the time. I did get the emergency staff email though, but it got mistaken as SPAM by my filtering software, didn't notice it till I checked through all my deleted emails at the end of the day.

Nevertheless, erm... nice job people.