New Folding Sigs - EVERYONE must update!

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    DogSoldier and ed - something broke when you tried to submit your signature (there's nothing in the database for you). Could you try again and send me/post the code if it doesn't work again? Sorry, not sure what's causing that to happen for some people. :-/

I think for Clutch what happened is the forum defaults to not showing a signature if you don't have one at the time of posting...
    edited February 2007
    gtghm wrote:
    sig test
    gt, you need to use the [folding_sig1] and [folding_sig2] tags after you submit them into the respective slots :) I noticed there was code copied into your signature so I removed it, and replaced it with a [folding_sig2] tag because I see you submitted one into slot 2. Cheers :)
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited February 2007
    It looks good but when is it gonna' be back up?
    edited February 2007
    checkmate wrote:
    It looks good but when is it gonna' be back up?
    I don't follow. It is up. Old = gone. New = on.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2007
    I think I got it fixed. I forgot to add the new tags in my sig field so they were not showing up. Looks like all is good, great work Matt.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    checkmate you have to go into user CP - Edit Signature and delete the existing code in that box. All you got to type in there now is [folding_sig1] or [folding_sig2] or both depending on how you saved it in the Sig Generator.
    Sig.jpg 61.6K
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2007
    General,

For some reason the submit sig button on the sig generator page was not showing up for me in Firefox. I went into IE. and all was well. I slowly managed to fix my sig. (operator errors on my part :buck:)

Is the error on my end or yours?
    edited February 2007
    Donut wrote:
    General,

For some reason the submit sig button on the sig generator page was not showing up for me in Firefox. I went into IE. and all was well. I slowly managed to fix my sig. (operator errors on my part :buck:)

Is the error on my end or yours?
    Are you cookied on the forum (checked "Remember me" when you signed in) on Firefox?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2007
    Are you cookied on the forum (checked "Remember me" when you signed in) on Firefox?

Yep, I'm to lazy to log in every time.:)

I just tried again, the boxes are displayed for sig1 and sig2, it just doesn't want to display the "submit" button
    edited February 2007
    Donut wrote:
    Yep, I'm to lazy to log in every time.:)

I just tried again, the boxes are displayed for sig1 and sig2, it just doesn't want to display the "submit" button
    Are you getting the notice at the top about needing to be logged in?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2007
    Thanks, my dumb.

Looks like if I clicked on your link on page one of this thread I wasn't "remembered". When I logged in again all was well.

Sorry General, looks like operator error on my part again.:banghead:
    edited February 2007
    No problem :)
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited February 2007
    sig test

edit
    yep that looks great. :)
  • IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
    edited February 2007
    I set up a sig last night and put [folding_sig1] in my signature box, but still nothing this morning. Did something break along the way? :confused:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Try it again. I had to submit my sig through the generator after I put the [folding_sig1] tag in my signature box in order for it to update properly. Maybe it was just a third time's the charm kind of thing...
    edited February 2007
    Erm still nothing. I went through the sig generator again and made sure [folding_sig1] was in my signature. I know they're working on getting the bugs out, though. I'll give it another try.
  • jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited February 2007
    so after I create sig and press submit signature button it will automatically add it 2 my sig? EDIT: my sig appears to not be working keebs:(
    edited February 2007
    IAstudent wrote:
    Erm still nothing. I went through the sig generator again and made sure [folding_sig1] was in my signature. I know they're working on getting the bugs out, though. I'll give it another try.
    No no... put the [folding_sig1] in your forum signature using the control panel. In the generator, submit whatever code is generated by the options you select :)
    jmoney3457 wrote:
    so after I create sig and press submit signature button it will automatically add it 2 my sig? EDIT: my sig appears to not be working keebs:(
    You need to add the tag to your signature. I've added it for you now.
    edited February 2007
    oh ok thanks keebs, so you have to copy/paste it before pressing submit signature button?
    edited February 2007
    No, you simply need to type [folding_sig1] in your sig.
    edited February 2007
    No, you simply need to type [folding_sig1] in your sig.

oh ok, i'm sorry keebs I didn't follow you at first, I'm an idiot:rolleyes2
    EDIT: why is it like almost showing double in my sig? like half of another sig below the 1st 1 ?
    edited February 2007
    IE uses an incorrect Box Model for calculating padding, spacing, and height/width in tables, which I forgot about while making some of the sigs. :-/ I'll fix it soon, sorry.
    edited February 2007
    no probs keebs;) also, are we going to be able to preview our sigs in our CP yet? *as in is that in the plan of fixes*?:D
    edited February 2007
    jmoney3457 wrote:
    no probs keebs;) also, are we going to be able to preview our sigs in our CP yet? *as in is that in the plan of fixes*?:D

Theoretically, but to be perfectly honest I have no idea where that chunk of code is at the moment.
    edited February 2007
    no problem:) just as long as the box thing is fixed and stuff all is good..coz it looks weird haha;) again GREAT JOB on all of the sigs/forums everything your a coding GOD!:D
    edited February 2007
    Looks like my sig's working purdy now *happy dance* :D
    edited February 2007
    was wondering the status of fix for the dual image in the sig box keebs:) no hurry just curious;)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    I'm wondering, too. Especially since I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :crazy:

(I don't see it, whatever it is.) :p
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2007
    About the uhm, err... "box model" thing. I think my sig looks just fine, but I use IE and have noticed most everyone's sigs are a lil cattywumpus.. does this mean that to everyone else, my sig looks weird while theirs looks normal?
    edited February 2007
    @Prof - It's an IE problem.

@DogSoldier - The problem is only noticeable if you use cellspacing, which your sig doesn't. You'd see it if it were off.