Firing up some old systems

IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
edited February 2007 in Folding@Home
I'm thinking of adding some of my old systems to the mix, a 800mhz PIII celeron and a G3/350 iMac (slot-loading). Would they be able to handle some of the deadlineless WU's?

Also, since they would be hooked up to my router, would I be able to have the same username on each system or would I have to assign separate names to each one?

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited February 2007
    Bad news the deadlineless WU's are no more, they ran out of applicable projects a while back and no current project would benefit from this type of WU. The celeron should handle normal WU's if left on 24/7 if it has SSE chipset.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Unfortunately, the mac G3 is past it's usefulness as a folding machine at this point :( but we appreciate the effort :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    No matter how many computers you have on a router, you can use the same Folding name for every client spread across your LAN/work group.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    No matter how many computers you have on a router, you can use the same Folding name for every client spread across your LAN/work group.

However, each needs its own unique machine number specified. Folding uses BOTH, and since many people fold under one ID for all their machines for points credit and Folding wanted to allow that, the work units are given and tracked by number within ID. That clear enough???
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    However, each needs its own unique machine number specified. Folding uses BOTH, and since many people fold under one ID for all their machines for points credit and Folding wanted to allow that, the work units are given and tracked by number within ID. That clear enough???
    Stanford automatically assigns that, so don't worry about it.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Straight_Man is partially correct. If any of the machines have more than one client per machine, each client (per machine) should have a unique machine ID.
  • IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
    edited February 2007
    Well I'd only have one client running on each machine.

So if I'm following all of you correctly, each of my systems should have a unique machine number assigned by F@H. All I have to do is input my username on each one so they're all being recognized as processing under my account.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    IAstudent wrote:
    ...All I have to do is input my username on each one so they're all being recognized as processing under my account.
    Exactly. :)

Don't forget the team number is 93 :D
  • IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
    edited February 2007
    That does clear it up. Thanks guys!

On a slightly off-topic note, I peeked at the DIMES board and started up that program to run alongside F@H. Nothing like pulling double-duty. :D