Cross Platform Folding Monitor

mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
edited February 2007 in Science & Tech
Ok, so I'm new to folding. I've got my main rig set up on both cores, being monitored by Electron Microscope and I'd like to get my Ubuntu rig folding as well, but was wondering if there was a way for EM or some other app to allow me to monitor it from my main rig. The Ubuntu box is usually on a KVM, but I often bring work home with me and connect other machines to the the KVM instead, always leaving the ethernet and power cable still hooked to the Ubuntu box.

Oh and one other thing, I set up my folding sig this morning and placed [folding_sig1] in my signature but nothing is showing up!? :confused::(

Thanks!

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2007
    Hi Mason. I have been reading up on Linux as i want to change a few of my comps over from MS. All my searches re: EMIII came up with a blank.

Few links where i looked for the Linux info. HTH

Jon
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    I know practically nothing about Linux, but the word "Samba" sticks in my mind as a possibility.

Where's that no-good Kwitko when you need him? :scratch:

IDEA: I'm going to toss this over to our Linux forum and see if someone has a suggestion. :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Prof is correct. SM4 is running on Linux and I monitor it with EMIII using Samba to network the Linux box in Windows. In Ubuntu, it's very easy to set up Samba. Use apt-get, and I believe there's a GUI manager for it. If you need help with Samba, PM me and I'll give you a hand.
  • macdude425macdude425 Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
    edited February 2007
    I don't know of any clients that do such a thing for Linux, but if you get desperate, create a user and add this to their .bashrc
    while :
    do
    cat location of FAH files/unitinfo.txt
    sleep 60
    clear
    done

Make sure sshd is turned on for the Ubuntu machine, and connect to it via PuTTY using the username and password for the user you just created.

Now, minimize the PuTTY window and check it whenever you want. The script you just wrote will post your folding stats every minute.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    You guys rule, i'll let you know how it goes when I get a chance to set it up.