Bent adapter tip?

edited March 2007 in Hardware
I have very little knowledge when it comes to computers, so please bear with me if I sound unintelligent. I promise not to use the word "thingie." :tongue:

My laptop died while I was doing homework earlier, and when I plugged in the A/C adapter, the light to notify me it had begun charging did not come on. I looked to make sure I had everything plugged in correctly, and I had. (Remember, not so great with computers) Anyway, when I unplugged the adapter, I noticed the tip was bent. Nothing appeared broken inside of my laptop, the pin is still intact, but the tip is bent on the part that actually plugs into my laptop. I tried, to no avail to bend it back into it's normal position.

While I am assuming the logical answer would be to replace the A/C adpater, my question is, are A/C adapters easily bent? I speculate that mine had became bent when my 4 year old yanked my laptop off the desk while it was plugged in, but did not think to check when he had done so.

Am I correct in assuming new A/C adpater?

Thank you for your time. :)

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    You may very well indeed need a new adapter. Check out your local Radio Shack. They should be able to find you a replacement for a reasonable cost. It would probably cost less through them than from your laptop's manufacturer.